DDM4000 Input Questions

Default DDM4000 Input Questions

Hi all,
    I have two AT1240 turntables hooked up to my DDM4000 mixer, and have been (reluctantly) using channels 2 & 4 since those are the only two channels with ground posts. I was never too crazy about this, as I would have rather used 1 & 4 or 2 & 3 for this setup; guess I'm picky but aesthetically it makes more sense.
    I'm getting ready to buy a Traktor X1 controller, sound card, and Tractor Pro so that I can mix non-vinyl tracks in. So I'll need to use the spare channels for my 2 Traktor virtual decks.
    my question is this: I'd like to have my turntables on Channels 1/4, and my Traktor decks on 2/3. Can I move my turntable RCAs from channel 2 over to channel 1, but still keep the ground hooked up to the post on channel 2? Or is the ground post dedicated to channel 2 only? Now after typing all this out, I realize I could have just posted it easier: "Are the grounding posts on channels 2/4 dedicated to those channels only?"

Thanks in advance!
    -Jeff

One easy way to find out..
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I used to have a DDM4000, and I don't remember being tied to channels 2 + 4 for vinyl.

I know that all 4 channels have a pho select switch (back panel) so I'd bet that it'll be fine. Pretty sure I had vinyl on 1 + 4...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Thanks Patch. You're right I should just try it out. Didn't think it would cause any damage, but wanted to see if anyone else had tried it, before I go rearranging cables. Thanks for your help!