Pioneer DDJ-SZ2

Thread: Pioneer DDJ-SZ2

Tech Guru

Default Pioneer DDJ-SZ2

I'm surprised there isn't a thread here yet about it! It surprised me when I saw a video for it on Youtube. I remember asking about the SZ2 here a while back, and everyone seemed to think the SZ line was getting axed! Happy I didn't buy an SZ1 at the time.

It seems like quite a minor upgrade over a DDJ-SZ, but the new features are definitely cool if you use Serato. I like the Tone Play toggle quite a bit, but I guess some people will complain that it makes DJing "too automated" and taking the skill out of it.

That said... I'd very much rather pick up a DDJ-SZ for much less. The 400-500 difference in price doesn't really justify the features in my opinion. What do you guys think?
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Convert

its all about track selection and how you mix, I've rocked out on a numark mixtrack pro 3 when I dipped my toes into digital DJing, mapped 100% to Traktor thanks to Traktor Bible

I'm not a fan of controllers - but this is nice. I just wish it was an XDJ-SZ instead lol.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Got to say just by listening to that intro track for 1 minutes made me not want the controller lol