Traktor Launchpad LED mapping

Question Traktor Launchpad LED mapping

Hi friends,
    I wish you all the best in the new year

I am seeking help with Launchpad LED mapping in Traktor.

I am trying to map LED feedback for Patten Length parameter of Traktor's Sequencer as depicted below:

For Pattern Length = 1

For Pattern Length = 7

For Pattern Length = 16

Somehow the OUT mapping for Pattern Length parameter is confusing me. So far I tried a few different approaches but nothing seems to work. At the moment I tried to achieve simpler solution, in which only the selected button lights up, but even that doesn't seem to work. Here is what my mapping looks like now:

Screenshot from cmdr (you can right-click -> open image in new tab to see it in full resolution) :

What am I doing wrong? Or is it even possible?

Thank you very much for your eventual help!

PS: This is a part of Traktor Step Sequencer for Launchpad mapping I am working on. I will gladly give credit to everyone who tries to find a solution to this with me.

Controller Range min and max are the same, have you tried changing minimum range to zero?
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Minimum range is what you want the LED to do when that assigned button is not in use, or whatever state you have it assigned to. Maximum range is going to be 1, (if it's not in a range of functions) and if the minimum and maximum ranges are the same, the state of the LED remains the same, so essentially not turning the function of the LED on (or off)..
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

That is unfortunately not possible to do with basic mapping in Traktor - even kontrol F1 doesn't support that LED behavior. However with modifiers you can create trackers and use modifier output mapping instead of actual Pattern output.

I saw this integrated in D2/S5/S8 so maybe we can expect an update since that functionality already lives in Traktor. Would nice feature.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

On a second thought this should be more useful if it would be available as one of the the values of the 'enable step' output command.