Never touched a CDJ just bought 2 CDJ-Nexus2's and a DJM-900 Nexus.........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Never touched a CDJ just bought 2 CDJ-Nexus2's and a DJM-900 Nexus.........

So as the title says until today I had never used CDJ's before but decided to get the club standard and take this from a hobby to an overly expensive hobby. I learned to mix on Vinyl years ago and have been using a Traktor S4 mk1 for the past 3 years. Is there anything I should know feature or trick wise that I might not figure out right away? I have noticed the CDJ's have alot of slightly different features than what I'm used to and what to make sure I'm taking advantage of the new hardware.

Thanks for the time.

Tech Guru

Read the manuals cover to cover. Be an expert in your gear.

Tech Wizard

The manual is less then 10 pages and yes I have read it. I'm posting here for tips and tricks but thanks for the helpful recommendation.

Tech Guru

The English manual is 43 pages long.

There are no 'tricks' there is only learning what your equipment can do by educating yourself.

If you ask a specific question then the answer might be different.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    The English manual is 43 pages long.

There are no 'tricks' there is only learning what your equipment can do by educating yourself.

If you ask a specific question then the answer might be different.
    It's sitting in my lap and is not even close to 40 pages long. I'm here looking for tips from experienced cdj users I'm not sure why your so set on being rude?

i think you have the quickstart guide, the english manual is indeed 43 pages, if you do a search on tricks and tips a lot of video's pop up for the cdj20000 and the cdj 2000 nexus,

for your english manual go here: https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support...00nxs2/#manual
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by jayjak
    ...decided to get the club standard and take this from a hobby to an overly expensive hobby.
    Church.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jayjak View Post
    It's sitting in my lap and is not even close to 40 pages long. I'm here looking for tips from experienced cdj users I'm not sure why your so set on being rude?

I am an experienced user and im giving you the single best and biggest tip i have learned.

Your question is so vague that is unanswerable. Which is why no one has posted any tips. If someone who couldnt drive a car asked me for tips on how to drive their new car, i would tell them to go an learn how to drive a car as the first tip.

Im not trying to be rude, im trying to show you how to find information yourself rather than depending on internet strangers to google things for you.

If you ask a specific question then someone might have some advice.

There are no 'tricks' that dont exist in the manual. Its a document designed by experts made solely to explain the function of the unit to you.
    Last edited by ImNoDJ; 01-04-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Well what would you like to know? Asking for tips or tricks without giving us context into how you'll be using the CDJs isn't going to lend to helpful responses.

What if I gave you a tip about using cue points, but you already knew about that?
    What if I gave you a tip about HID mode, but you only plan on using USB drives?
    etc.

well...take everything you've learned on Traktor and throw it out the window cause rekordbox on CDJs is NOTHING like Traktor on a laptop. Best advice is to push buttons and start banking real hours on them. most buttons are even labeled with their primary AND secondary functions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast