DB4 NO USB Audio Win 10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DB4 NO USB Audio Win 10

Hi Folks,

This is my first post, Thus I presentation is Needed I'm Matteo aka MatthewGave Based in Rome, I'm passionate DJ since I was 12, a long time ago.... I hope to enjoy the forum and contribuite to helping growing the community. I've been following DJTechTools since 1 year almost and was always super interesting, useful posts and full of ideas

Now back to my post I've a proud owner on A&H DB4, used in all possible ways, standalone, USB Midi and SoundCard with Serato mainly. Always on MAC.

Now I tried to connect it to Windows 10 build 1607 and no way to get audio working, drivers are ok, device recognized but either from Serato or Normal Windows sound nothing.... Tested on 3 computers even new fresh installed same result....

I'm wondering if you have had such issued

Nope, its running just fine on my windows 10 maschine...

which firmware are you on ?
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

my db4 has the latest firmware 2.2.2 according the support website...

Tech Mentor

Sorry, can't help with your issue, but can report it's working fine on my Win 10 Pro machine with latest firmware.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Mentor

does it show up in device Manager?

can you screenshot it?

mine works on windows 8.1

might sound obvious, but have you run the asio driver installer from A&H (not the firmware updater which loads a usb stick to use)

Hi

Thanks for the support, yes the device is in device manager, and also recognized as output audio device.

I was in touch with the A&H support, basically the problem was that I've been using the DB4 in Osx with latest Drivers and Audio Firmware audio available for Mac. the latest version is XoneB4 Mac Driver v3.3.11 (October 2016)

The Audio Firmware contained in the pkg is blocking the devie functionality in Windows 10, thus I had to perform a rollback for Audio Firmware in Osx, plug the device back in windows with latest drivers and now the device is fully operative.

I hope this can help

Matthew

Great to hear its working..
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Hi Matthew, I am having the same issue. Which files did you use for rollback? I tried older firmware files in the download area with no success. Drivers are installed, but no sound.

Quote Originally Posted by PhunkE View Post
    Hi Matthew, I am having the same issue. Which files did you use for rollback? I tried older firmware files in the download area with no success. Drivers are installed, but no sound.
    i also (urgently) need these "roll back" installers to allow a windows user to connect to the mixer.. if anyone can help with links woudl be great - thanks

Tech Convert

Had the same issue here is the file , and infos i had from Allen & heat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovqr9lldm8..._XDB4.zip?dl=0

In this case you will need to use a Mac, running OS X10.11, to roll-back the mixer Audio Firmware BEFORE re-connecting to the PC.

- this process is detailed below, and device driver installer packages required to confirm the issue are also attached for you to use.

Please ensure you follow instructions as directed; this will be important to enable me to assist remotely in any further troubleshooting should it be nrequired

Re-install (or check current version of) Audio Firmware v1.4.1

Run the v1.3.9 downgrade installer, then re-install v1.2.0 Audio Firmware.

i) Extract the FWDowngrader_XDB4_V139.zip from the 'AFW_roll-back_XDB4' bundle,
    - expand the .zip and run the FWUpdater_XONE_DB4_V139.app, following on-screen prompts on the Mac
    ii) Extract the FWUpdater_XDB4_V120.zip, expand, then run the FWUpdater_XONE_DB4_V120.app following on-screen prompts.
    - XONEB4 Mixer is now running Audio firmware compatible for use with WindowsPC computers running v2.9.30 Device Drivers

NOTE:

Where/if subsequent connection to a Mac system is required:

- re-installation of OSX [v1.4.1] Audio Firmware is necessary after connecting the mixer to a Mac, and before running DJ/DAW software and/or CoreAudio media players.

Where/if ongoing, subsequent, connection to a Windows PC is required:

- the XONEB4 mixer Audio Firmware needs to revert to v1.2.0 – via interim installers - before re-connecting to the PC

For ongoing use across both platforms, each process must be repeated as applicable.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

DB mixer Audio Firmware must be re-updated to current release for use with Mac running v3.3.2 Device Drivers.
    - in this case, interim v1.3.9 installers are NOT required.

v3.3.2 Device Drivers must be installed on the Mac BEFORE a XONEB4 mixer is connected via USB cable, or Audio Firmware updates can be installed.

Copy of v1.4.1 Audio Firmware installers for Mac OS X is included in v332 bundle - 'XoneB4 Mac Driver v3.3.2 (Dec 2015)

Copy of v1.2.0 Audio Firmware installers for Mac OS X is also included in v322 bundle - 'XoneB4 Mac Driver v3.2.2 (July 2014)'

http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xonedb4/#tab5

Equivalent v1.2.0, v1.3.9, or v1.4.1 installer applications are not available for Windows PC at this time.

Solution outlined above should work OK. However, if you encounter problem when reverting to v1.3.9, or v1.2.0 via Mac, with re-establishing connection to a Windows PC after v1.2.0 Audio Firmware is installed, or following re-installation of Audio Firmware for subsequent use with Mac OS X, please report the matter to us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast