Well 2016 is now gone as well as my first year as a performing DJ. Was super stoked yesterday when I found out that I got a fill in timeslot in the front room of EPR SF!

Now before I go any further, I've already heard horror stories about their gear in the front room but I went in with an open mind and ready to play.

I was told by the promoter to bring 2 usbs as the CDJ2000's link cable was janky (common issue)

The first issue I was told what was wrong was 1 of the CDJs had a cue button that did not work. Luckily I set a cue point at the beginning of every track...

The next issue was the mixer...a Rane TTM57. CONSISTENT fader dropping and drop outs. There was also a weird thing going on where if you weren't redlining the shit out of your tack, half the room's speakers would cut out...

I've played a handful of underground raves, side stages, and a couple clubs this last year. And I've played more shows on broken shit (bad cue buttons, NONE of the mixer's lights work, fader dropouts, etc). This year I really tried to get off the Serato controller and get comfortable on CDJs but if I can't f*cking rely on gear to function properly, what's the point? I really hope everyone on here has the passion to take care of their gear and fix these delicate machines as they go out.