Denon SC5000 Prime - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    It's cool - but I'm not analyzing my USB sticks for another player. I just won't take the gig.
    Youre unable to play live without cue points and grids?

Peeps have been asking for a truly "stand alone" unit free from the spacial constraints that bringing a laptop into the booth introduces. Now that it has arrived, all I read are moans and gripes. Damn, you lot are hard to please.

I'm more impressed by what's going on under the hood and the quality materials it's made from.
    The whole unit is made from metal and glass....quality that's worth paying for.

It has a multi-core processor.
    It has a multi-touch "glass" capacitive screen.
    It has a metal constructed jogwheel and body.
    It has on-board rubber cue pads (no need for an out-board SP-1)
    It has (3) USB 3.0 IN ports and (1) USB 3.0 OUT port.
    It has Dual Layered outputs....only need (2) players to control (4) tunes!
    It has the ability to load un-analyzed tracks from USB and build metadata in 20 seconds.....frakin' awesome!

This thing is a controller with "laptop-esque" power built in. What's not to like about that?!? Anyone who thinks that Pioneer are not also moving in this direction w' the latest XDJ/CDJ models are deluding themselves. So, given that, you have to admit that at least from a hardware/feature perspective, these things BLOW Pioneer's offerings out of the frakin' water!!

I have a Nexus setup and if the SC5000's on-board software performs as well as Pioneer's (or better) then I
    will more than likely sell them and adopt these.
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Youre unable to play live without cue points and grids?
    I don't use queue points and grids at all actually. I've had issues tagging with people who rely on them - but it's not something I worry about at all. Part of what I like about using USB sticks is just being able to load my music and go - I don't like fiddling with grids or hot cues at all.

I like analyzing my music in rekordbox because I do like the visual readout of the track (the full track version) as it gives me a visual cue as to when the breakdowns are coming. It's something I've become accustomed to coming from Serato Scratch Live and I like it.

I just don't want to be bothered prepping ANOTHER set of USB sticks for times when I'd just be using those players. It's a time hassle more than anything else.

I have a lot of music on my 64gb drives. Sometimes when I'm playing a gig I have to feel out and I may want to reach into a playlist I've prepared in the past. Having them available on the fly is huge.

Having multiple players doubles the prep time for me - and I don't care for the idea.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    I don't use queue points and grids at all actually. I've had issues tagging with people who rely on them - but it's not something I worry about at all. Part of what I like about using USB sticks is just being able to load my music and go - I don't like fiddling with grids or hot cues at all.

I like analyzing my music in rekordbox because I do like the visual readout of the track (the full track version) as it gives me a visual cue as to when the breakdowns are coming. It's something I've become accustomed to coming from Serato Scratch Live and I like it.

I just don't want to be bothered prepping ANOTHER set of USB sticks for times when I'd just be using those players. It's a time hassle more than anything else.

I have a lot of music on my 64gb drives. Sometimes when I'm playing a gig I have to feel out and I may want to reach into a playlist I've prepared in the past. Having them available on the fly is huge.

Having multiple players doubles the prep time for me - and I don't care for the idea.
    If I'm not mistaken, the only thing you would be missing when faced with these players would be the search via playlists. And that's only if you're are creating your playlist in Rekordbox and not iTunes-> import in DJ software.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

@Bassline Brine, If you are running PC, run mac osx in a VM. Use rekordbuddy. If you are running OSX, use RekordBuddy. I was hesitant toward denon before knowing that they use the serato library for engine. I already use rekordbuddy to sync between traktor and RekordBox/SeratoDJ, so there will be no change.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Apparently these Denons will take whatever tracks you've thrown onto the USB stick and analyze them on the fly.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yup, takes 20-30sec to analyze tho so you'll want to be pretty sure of what you want loaded before doing so.

But the player isn't locked while it is analyzing, you can load and play the song immediately even if the waveform isn't done yet.

Yup, just like when you load an unanalyzed tune in Serato.
    I don't know Y'all, this deck is everything I've been wishing that Pioneer would make.
    I hope these are a success.
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

also with dual layers, im sure you can play a song and analyze a song on the same player

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast