Denon SC5000 Prime - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Why not just have the engine prime software work for the old players as well?
    You mean like a custom export mode for exporting tracks to USB sticks? That would be nice. That way it would modify the waveforms and data for a specific hardware and iif there are any unsupported media it would alert you (and if they mean business, Prime should re-encode such files or mark them for later re-encoding by user).

They also missing the option of linking the players (even the SC5000) to a laptop with Engine Prime, makes no sense.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    You mean like a custom export mode for exporting tracks to USB sticks? That would be nice. That way it would modify the waveforms and data for a specific hardware and iif there are any unsupported media it would alert you (and if they mean business, Prime should re-encode such files or mark them for later re-encoding by user).

They also missing the option of linking the players (even the SC5000) to a laptop with Engine Prime, makes no sense.
    I hope they implement it soon. Rekordbox does both already. :-p
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Why not just have the engine prime software work for the old players as well?
    Because it would be a nightmare for their developers to support. Denon has already said that older devices are not powerful enough to use the Engine Prime library, so they would have to implement two different libraries in the same program and have them sync with each other, and then make sure it doesn't break with each update. And all that because a couple hundred people want to use their library with both old and new players.

Also, if the Engine library is based on the HS5500/S3700's library, which is 10 years old, maybe it's poorly designed and they want to get rid of it. When Pioneer created Rekordbox they were already the market leader, so it made sense for them to create a library that was future proof.

Denon has also stated that the Engine software will still receive updates, at least for the MCX8000.
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 06-05-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Denon has already said that older devices are not powerful enough to use the Engine Prime library, so they would have to implement two different libraries in the same program and have them sync with each other, and then make sure it doesn't break with each update.
    Or you know, they could just add a export mode for older players where it just re-encodes metadata and adds a smaller waveform. Still one library.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Because it would be a nightmare for their developers to support. Denon has already said that older devices are not powerful enough to use the Engine Prime library, so they would have to implement two different libraries in the same program and have them sync with each other, and then make sure it doesn't break with each update. And all that because a couple hundred people want to use their library with both old and new players.

Also, if the Engine library is based on the HS5500/S3700's library, which is 10 years old, maybe it's poorly designed and they want to get rid of it. When Pioneer created Rekordbox they were already the market leader, so it made sense for them to create a library that was future proof.

Denon has also stated that the Engine software will still receive updates, at least for the MCX8000.
    YOu are thinking about it in too complicated of a manner. Just have the Prime software and Legacy engine software share the same library so that cue points and playlists are synce'd between the two.

I mean, it's not like it's something that hasn't happened before. Look at Rekordbuddy.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Just got my pair yesterday... coming from CDJ-2000 NXS2's, I have to say I'm very impressed (though I've only had time to play for a short while).

These things feel fantastic and the feature set is great.

I'm still waiting for the X1800 mixer to come to complete the set. The integration looks great, can't wait to try it out as a "system".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    Just got my pair yesterday... coming from CDJ-2000 NXS2's, I have to say I'm very impressed (though I've only had time to play for a short while).

I'm still waiting for the X1800 mixer to come to complete the set. The integration looks great, can't wait to try it out as a "system".
    Dammit, he's gonna win the #1 setup title again.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

There's a pretty solid deal going on the DJTT shop if you need a hookup

We want pictures

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    We want pictures
    Forget pictures. We want VIDEO!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast