Denon SC5000 Prime - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Good news.
    Engine just populated my serato playlists and cues. Does engine no longer do that in the newest update?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

RekordBuddy will have direct a Rekordbox-to-Engine Prime route coming with their next release - apparently Laidback Luke got an early release of it to migrate from Pio.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Engine just populated my serato playlists and cues. Does engine no longer do that in the newest update?
    Not sure we're talking about the same thing.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Not sure we're talking about the same thing.
    I use Rekordbuddy. My Traktor Playlists are already synced with RekordBox and Serato. So, when I opened Engine, my serato playlists were already there and the cue points were there as well. I also have not downloaded the newest update for Engine. Does Engine no longer populate Serato Crates?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I use Rekordbuddy. My Traktor Playlists are already synced with RekordBox and Serato. So, when I opened Engine, my serato playlists were already there and the cue points were there as well. I also have not downloaded the newest update for Engine. Does Engine no longer populate Serato Crates?
    Gottcha Engine will still import Serato cue points and playlist, don't see a reason to kill that (they probably had pay Serato for that). But that's not a 100% transfer (waveform, track key). This means that Rekordbuddy will do a 100% transfer so you won't have to re-analyze the files.

Found an interesting video on YT. Seems Denon bought the rights to use Elastique plugin on the SC5000 (something like Serato's Pitch'n'Time) - around 13min mark

Last edited by SlayForMoney; 04-20-2017 at 03:16 PM.

I've been reading on the reviews for this and the hardware is great, even the X1800 seems now a (almost) better choice than the 900NXS2.
    But the software side is....well I'm concerned. I've just read some comments and it seem the entire existing lineup for Denon has been discontinued in every sense. No firmware for Sierra (ok, that we knew that from before), existing Engine software won't get a upgrade, existing hardware/software not supported in Engine Prime. I planned on buying 2x secondhand SC2900, converting my entire library to Engine Prime (or at least counted on updated Engine that could be imported later into Engine Prime) and ditching Traktor Pro for good but this efectively kills that option for me.
    Why would anyone risk converting to Engine Prime if Denon has a habbit of just making new software that's not compatible with the previous one???

I've been reading on the reviews for this and the hardware is great, even the X1800 seems now a (almost) better choice than the 900NXS2.
    But the software side is....well I'm concerned. I've just read some comments and it seem the entire existing lineup for Denon has been discontinued in every sense. No firmware for Sierra (ok, that we knew that from before), existing Engine software won't get a upgrade, existing hardware/software not supported in Engine Prime. I planned on buying 2x secondhand SC2900, converting my entire library to Engine Prime (or at least counted on updated Engine that could be imported later into Engine Prime) and ditching Traktor Pro for good but this efectively kills that option for me.
    Why would anyone risk converting to Engine Prime if Denon has a habbit of just making new software that's not compatible with the previous one???
    I never even noticed this. That would be a huge product killer. Noone wants to stick with a product line that ditches legacy altogether. That brings a lot of fear for anyone doing club or tour installs. "Will they do the same when newer hardware comes out and people start adding that hardware to their rider?"

Tech Mentor

I never even noticed this. That would be a huge product killer. Noone wants to stick with a product line that ditches legacy altogether. That brings a lot of fear for anyone doing club or tour installs. "Will they do the same when newer hardware comes out and people start adding that hardware to their rider?"
    I think we'll see typical levels support moving forward with Prime.. they're just discontinuing all the old stuff and pushing this Prime brand to take on Pioneer.

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    I think we'll see typical levels support moving forward with Prime.. they're just discontinuing all the old stuff and pushing this Prime brand to take on Pioneer.
    Thats great, but what about owners of the sc2900 or sc2700 that want to update their setup and still use their old players? They have to now use two seperate pieces of software for their library? Thats horrible.

Thats great, but what about owners of the sc2900 or sc2700 that want to update their setup and still use their old players? They have to now use two seperate pieces of software for their library? Thats horrible.
    Why not just have the engine prime software work for the old players as well?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast