Denon dn sc3700 with no traktor audio card

Default Denon dn sc3700 with no traktor audio card

Hi folks!
    I'd like to buy a Denon dn sc3700 (or 3900), and i'd like to get rid of my Audio4.
    I'd like to know if i can connect the denon directly to my mac and make it read like a DVS with non need of Audio4.

Thanks a lot!

Tech Mentor

Yay and nay

The 3700 has a midi mode and a hybrid mode for DVS
    Hybrid mode requires a TSP certified audio interface to receive a built in timecode signal from the spinning platter via the phono outs while most of the other controls send midi signals to your computer via USB.
    Midi mode is just that, so you don't need a TSP certified audio interface, most of the controls send midi via the USB but I think the platter only acts as a jog wheel and sends midi too.

So?! Do you think could be a good setup?! Can i control everything via midi/usb, even the platter motion/vinyl effect?!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by biro View Post
    So?! Do you think could be a good setup?! Can i control everything via midi/usb, even the platter motion/vinyl effect?!
    It's a good setup with the A4 imo (I use a xone 4D with TTs, 3700s & TSP) but without the A4 or a TSP certified audio interface in the setup the spinning platters turn into jog wheels in midi mode so you may just as well buy a controller with jog wheels instead or use the cdjs with HDDs or memory sticks and dump Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by biro View Post
    Hi folks!
    I'd like to buy a Denon dn sc3700 (or 3900), and i'd like to get rid of my Audio4.
    I'd like to know if i can connect the denon directly to my mac and make it read like a DVS with non need of Audio4.

Thanks a lot!
    I use two 3900's into an Audio 8 with TSP 2, works brilliantly and this is my working setup. I use the TSP mapping off the Denon website to control Traktor with the 3900's. In your case, if you want to ditch the Audio 4 then you will need to invest in a TSP 2 certified mixer, so that would be a Denon x1600 off the top of my head which is officially a legacy mixer but is brilliant and can be had for a good price if you look around.

Edit: I run the players in hybrid midi mode, I get full scratch control on the platters and midi control of Traktor via usb.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.