pop-up ads?

Thread: pop-up ads?

Default pop-up ads?

I'm getting pop-up ads on the forum that seems to occur every 3/4 clicks. Seems to have only started yesterday. Anyone else getting the same? It's bloody annoying!

Tech Mentor

I'm getting pop-ups (redirects from djtechtools in chrome windows10)

Tech Mentor

even after deleting the chrome (only happens in chrome browser) user data folders, and clean installing chrome.
    clicking in the text field to enter my forum username in the login causes a tab to be opende and the forum navigated away.

ran malwarebytes a month ago and today avg

they don't find anything.

it is annoying

ps using firefox to use the forum.

seems to be just isolated to DJTT forum.
    Last edited by djrickdawson; 01-10-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Tech Convert

No issues here however I do have adblock plus installed w/chrome.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Hey guys,

There was indeed a breach that injected some rogue code that causes the random spammy ads sourced from VoltaAds. We are aware of the problem and working on a solution to not only remove the current spam ads but also reinforce our security to ensure it won't happen again. This problem is forum specific so changing browsers or reinstalling stuff on your end won't fix it. PLEASE make sure you close the pop ups as soon as they open and don't click or download any of the stuff they offer. Your devices are NOT infected.

I deeply apologize for the inconveniences this might cause you and recommend in the meantime installing uBlock origins or similar, we'll post on this thread as soon as there is new progress to share and when it will be safe to whitelist the forums again.

Sincerely,

Matias
    DJTT Forum Admin & Support Manager

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Just wanted to thank everyone for their patience and apologize for any trouble this might have caused on your end. The spam ads have now been removed and we are taking the appropriate measures to ensure we don't get attacked again. Should you choose to, it should be safe now to whitelist the forums again.

Just to be extra clear this issue was forum focused so all ads in the forum and store are DJTT controlled, now the forums joins that rank again.

Should you have any kind of issues please reach out to me directly at matias@djtechtools.com and I'll look into it right away.