Traktor 2 audio routing and cdj mapping issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 2 audio routing and cdj mapping issues

I've been going through a bit of trouble each and every time I try to mix using Traktor 2 now and it's going beyond for three weeks I've been fighting with this.

Macbook Pro 10.9.5 2.4ghz i5 16GB ram 1333 MHz DDR3
    CDJ-400's
    DJM-400
    Komplete Audio 6

Each and every single time I turn on my CDJ's and then Traktor, the audio routing is all buggered up. I'll get audio out from my speakers and nothing on the levels on the DJM-400.

Other times I will have to reselect CDJ-400 Deck A and Deck B but then the pitch control on deck A will control deck B in Traktor. I am forced to shut down, and try again, sometimes the stars align and it works, other times I have to fiddle and switch deck A from deck B and vice versa and then the levels show on my DJM-400.

I am at my wits end here as to what else can be done. I simply would like to be able to turn on my CDJ's then Traktor and select Deck A, Deck B, load up some tracks and get to mixing but the powers that be in Germany seem to think otherwise.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with a setup like this, is there a solution or a fix?

CDJ's having the latest firmware? Tell us how everything is connected, maybe post some printscreens of you Traktor Audio/Input/Output. Is there a specific reason why you must first turn on the CDJ's and then Traktor? If not - do it the other way around.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    CDJ's having the latest firmware? Tell us how everything is connected, maybe post some printscreens of you Traktor Audio/Input/Output. Is there a specific reason why you must first turn on the CDJ's and then Traktor? If not - do it the other way around.
    The CDJ's have the latest and last released firmware from Pioneer. I have an aggregate device created with Komplete Audio 6, and both CDJ-400's listed. Since it is not possible to name each PIONEER CDJ-400 in the audio devices window, I have named the audio outs for each CDJ as CDJ-A-Right, CDJ-A-Left and so on. Drift is checked for each device in the aggregate device which contains Komplete Audio 6 and two PIONEER CDJ-400.

I am unsure if it matters that the CDJ-400's are turned on and connected to my macbook prior to starting up traktor and that the aggregate device has recognized the CDJ-400's. But I have tried both ways. I just did it both ways and my output is still being bypassed by my djm-400 mixer.

Interestingly enough I did notice, PRIOR to switching the CDJ-400's over to PC mode, that in the Traktor configuration, Deck A and Deck B's in and out ports were correctly setup. Then when I switched the CDJ's over to PC mode, they switched. The Deck A in port was set to one cdj listed as CDJ400 and another as CDJ400-2, no way to name these, but they were switched regardless but still no audio out on my mixer.

YET

The same setup on a Mac Pro tower, worked after a fresh install of Traktor, I have not tried on that machine yet again to see if it just "works" or not but currently

Tech Wizard

I'm having a similar problem with my set up. I'm using 3 cdj400s all connected via usb to my laptop, and ever since the latest update the audio settings keep on getting screwed up. Haven't emailed Ni about it yet, been having to much fun mixing just of the usb sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbigtoe View Post
    I'm having a similar problem with my set up. I'm using 3 cdj400s all connected via usb to my laptop, and ever since the latest update the audio settings keep on getting screwed up. Haven't emailed Ni about it yet, been having to much fun mixing just of the usb sticks
    That's been my approach in the past, I get fed up with the audio routing issues and go back to just good ol' USB but this time I did email NI and if it's anything like the last time I reached out to them, when they have their yearly sale, regarding gifting purchases to people, they replied to me around 28 days after my original communication to them.

I'm curious to see what becomes of my latest communication to them surrounding the audio routing issue. It may very well be beyond the scope of what Traktor is able to, or they may offer a solution or workaround.

In any case I would certainly like to get to the bottom of this if at all possible.

Have you tried using just the Komplete Audio 6 for output? Or just the CDJ400?

I asked you to tell us how everything is connected because some things don't make sense at first: why a aggregate device if you already have a external audio interface, how is it possible that you have sound on your speakers and not on your mixer....
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Have you tried using just the Komplete Audio 6 for output? Or just the CDJ400?

I asked you to tell us how everything is connected because some things don't make sense at first: why a aggregate device if you already have a external audio interface, how is it possible that you have sound on your speakers and not on your mixer....
    In more detail:

I have each CDJ-400 and Komplete Audio 6 connected to my Macbook Pro via USB. The aggregate device is necessary in order to get the audio from each soundcard in each CDJ-400 into traktor for routing and the rca out on the back of each CDJ is connected to the DJM-400. The DJM-400's output is then running into the Komplete Audio 6 on input 1/2. I was able to record my entire mix using deck d and using the input from channel 1/2 in order to record the mix.

The aggregate device allows me to select both CDJ's in Traktor as well as my Komplete Audio in order to route the audio and choose deck a/b.

Tech Wizard

Your set up seems overly complicated couldbt you just use the booth output on the djm400 and record into audacity.

Tech Guru

You need a 3 in 3 out soundcard in order to be able to both mix externally and also loop back a record in from the mixer into the Traktor mix recorder. The komplete Audio 6 isnt a DJ or Traktor soundcard, so youre trying to wedge it into an application its not designed for.

Thats hardly NIs fault.

A Traktor Audio Dj 6 works perfectly for what you are doing.

I was running 2 x cdj400s and DJ 6 in external mode for over a year and never had a configuration issue.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbigtoe View Post
    Your set up seems overly complicated couldbt you just use the booth output on the djm400 and record into audacity.
    The KA6 doesnt actually have a third analogue I/O only digital.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast