What turntables to buy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default What turntables to buy?

I feel that technics are just a bit too pricey so am considering straton str8-150 or the audio technicas. Which of the two or is there another option in the same dollar range? I also want to add that I used to mix vinyl back in the late 80s and now have a ddj sb controller which is nice but really feel the need for the turntables. I do plan on mixing with serato if compatible. I also mainly mix older Chicago house music and older hip hop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you scratch? There's no real benefit to straight arms if you don't scratch. ST-150s will look after you well enough.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Do you scratch? There's no real benefit to straight arms if you don't scratch. ST-150s will look after you well enough.
    I'm not a heavy scratcher since I'm just getting back into it but yes I really do like the art of scratching and plan to get into scratching.

Reloop 7000.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Reloop 7000.
    Is the relook rp-8000 better? I found it cheaper ...

Same, but has those midi buttons to control the software in case you use one, otherwise useless.

Tech Wizard

Same, but has those midi buttons to control the software in case you use one, otherwise useless.
    Ok, how do you guys feel about straton str8-150 or audiotechnica type tables? Just looking for budget that does well ...

All 3 are the same Hanpin turntable under different brands. Stanton is heavier. Reloop has best looks and layout, you can't accidentally hit the reverse or pitch button. Looks to me that its pitch slider is closest to 1200 in feel.

Tech Wizard

All 3 are the same Hanpin turntable under different brands. Stanton is heavier. Reloop has best looks and layout, you can't accidentally hit the reverse or pitch button. Looks to me that its pitch slider is closest to 1200 in feel.
    I don't meant to be going in circles but what do you think is the ultimate economical turntable?

The cheapest you can find of the mentioned 3, they are all the same. Personally would go for Reloop 7000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast