Your DAW of choice 2017 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Cubase and Reaper

Hi,

Cubase is my first choice for producing electronic music, particularly for the logical editor, although it is simple to program first steps are quiet difficult because there is not enough tutorials out there. Basically you can convert any midi message or any CC data to any other midi / CC data, so for electronic music there is endless possibilities and great process automation. The midi functions are also great and give a lot of creative tools. You have a nice collection of synthesizers included, a drum box and all necessary audio effects: several delays, reverbs, modulations, sidechaining..etc)
    Also keep in mind I am not really objective with Cubase because I LOVE it, I use it since a long time, and I suppose that one needs time to get familiar with its workflow.
    In my opinion The only big CON with the software is its price (at least the Pro version 559€ ) but it's very stable and extremely complete DAW (midi editor / score editor / professional audio recording tools / high quality mixing and mastering tools..)
    Reason is another Daw I used a long time ago exclusively for electronic music, many step sequencers, interesting synthesizers..the easier DAW ever ;-)
    Another serious software is REAPER, really great tool and philosophy, you can download it and test it (without limitation at the Reaper website.)

During 2017 i was using PreSonus Studio One 3 and apple garageband for free. If someone want to see list of free music production software - www.lucidsamples.com/blog/daw-programs/best-free-daw-2017/ .Good luck in music production and Djing .

I'm ALL about Cubase 10, though there really is no difference between DAWs, other than comfort and usability. It doesn't matter what you use. It's about the music.

I am personally a huge fan of Cubase 10. I think it's an easy DAW to navigate compared to others that I have tried. One thing that I really liked getting when I was new was a MIDI controller. They work great with basically every DAW and they are extremely useful for basically every genre.
    Last edited by dannyrichardson; 11-01-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrichardson View Post
    I am personally a huge fan of Cubase 10. I think it's an easy DAW to navigate compared to others that I have tried. One thing that I really liked getting when I was new was a MIDI controller. They work great with basically every DAW and they are extremely useful for basically every genre.
    Did you seriously just reply to advertise? tf?

On a side note. Cubase all day!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Default Sony Acid Pro 6 & Maschine MK3

Started learning this DAW back in 2006. Never looked back. Straight forward and easy to use.
    I wish I could change the GUI to dark mode, the Bright white strains the eyes some days.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345