DJM 850 issues and Traktor DVS
    Tech Mentor

Default DJM 850 issues and Traktor DVS

Hey guys!

Has anyone with a DJM850 experienced some issues with using the built-in soundcard and running the Traktor DVS? I am able to have it working perfectly for maybe 30mins into the set. Then, I will often get a glitch and the DVS timecode won't respond as accurately as it first did when opening the software.

I've tried to recalibrate the timecode signal (doesn't improve), so I end up having to restart the software which is

Let me know!

One Love,
    Jyve
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

Tech Guru

Traktor version?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Traktor version?
    Version 2.11.0

I have, but haven't had any issues. Do you run into the same problem when running an audio 4/6/8/10?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I have heard about similar problems with almost all non-NI TSP certified mixers after the 2.5-2.6 Traktor update. Conspiracy theory is that NI is deliberatly having bad performance to force users towards NI hardware....

Try changing the USB cable, it's the easiest troubleshooting and they do tend to go bad.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I've had a couple of issues with my 850 w/DVS lately.

I've got a feeling that I might be running the 32-Bit version of Traktor with the 64-Bit Pio drivers...

I'm gonna just uninstall both, and re-install. First using the 64-Bit versions of both, then rolling back to 32-Bit versions if I run into difficulty.

I'm not 100% convinced that those 64-Bit Pio drivers are 100% right...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I have, but haven't had any issues. Do you run into the same problem when running an audio 4/6/8/10?
    I (had) an NI Audio 6 that I would bring to gigs with older mixers. I never had any issues running the DVS with the external soundcard, so I'm thinking that it could be an issue with the newer versions of Traktor and the DJM850 older firmware. Unfortunately I sold the Audio 6 as I never really had a good use for it... until now

PC or Mac? What OS?
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems