Maschine or Push 2? From a DJ's perspective.

Default Maschine or Push 2? From a DJ's perspective.

Hey all! I was wondering what you guys think about whether to add an Ableton Push 2 or a Maschine to a dj setup to trigger samples in Ableton (or Maschine) and also to use in midi mode for Serato DJ. My setup is two technics with a pioneer djms9. I want to be able to "finger drum" or perform remixes of songs that are using samples from the song. I also want to be able to control serato DJ. What do you think? Ableton push 2 triggering samples in Ableton and just using the S9 for serato DJ (because Ableton Push 2's midi mode kind of sucks) or Maschine either midi mapped to Ableton and Serato DJ or triggering Maschine for samples. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Save yourself a few bucks and get Maschine Jam if you don't care too much about velocity sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Save yourself a few bucks and get Maschine Jam if you don't care too much about velocity sensitivity.
    Appreciate the advice but those pads are too small for me for finger drumming.

for finger drumming Maschine Mk2 or you should consider an AKAI MPD 232 that has pads for finger drumming and a built in step sequencer like push....I think that Push it's not the best option in the market for for finger drumming in Ableton Live
    Last edited by Pippo91; 01-22-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    DiJ/Producer
    2 Xone K2 - Maschine - Traktor Pro 2.6.8 - Ableton Live 9 Push - Xone DB2 - MBP13 Late 2011 i7 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 "
    Ableton Live 9 Certificate User
    http://www.facebook.com/Effenem

I cant speak for machine so this may be a slightly biased opinion but having recently bought push 2 im starting to wonder how I managed without it, if its tearing tracks apart and jamming your own way with it finger drumming style slicing audio into the 64 pad mode will probably be right up your street