Behringer ddm-4000 mixer - cross fader not working - could it be a mapping issue?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Behringer ddm-4000 mixer - cross fader not working - could it be a mapping issue?

As stated above , this behringer ddm-4000 mixer cross fader will not function and someone told me it could be a mapping issue. I know nothing about mapping so am hoping to get a few pointers or links if anyone has one to share. Could it be a mapping issue ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It could be if the crossfader command is missing. Which mapping is that?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    It could be if the crossfader command is missing. Which mapping is that?
    Not sure what you mean, im new to this, had a controller before ...

Tech Wizard

Looks like I need a midi to USB cable

Check if it works normally. Plug your tt direct in the Behringer and play a vinyl (even your timecode one). Note that your tt has a phono/line switch on the back, so set it adequately, depending on which mixer input you use - phono or line.

Wait - are you using the mixer as a midi controller???

You need to do some reading, mate, and get an understanding of the difference between using the DDM4K as a MIDI CONTROLLER, or using it as a MIXER - 2 VERY different things, that will have a massive impact on your fundamental understanding of Digital DJ'ing.

UN-plug your computer, and set up 2 different input sources to the mixer (anything - phone, CD, turntable, etc...) 1 on Channel 1, one on channel 4, then activate the CF On button (it'll glow BLUE) then allocate channel 1 to CF A (Yellow LED A will light up on channel 1) and channel 4 to CFA B (yellow LED B will light up on Channel 4).

Then play both sources and flip the CF left to right to confirm if the mixer is working.

Repeat using Channel 2 & 3 to confirm ALL is well with the mixer.

(EDIT - make sure all of your frequency kill switches (the 3 yellow buttons on either side of the mixer) are DEACTIVATED!!!)
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

So I just bought another ddm4000 and guess what? The crossfader doesn't work, lol. It's me ! I don't know how to set this up ! Smh.... the guy I bought it from had it working since I tested it and I bring it home and it doesn't work for me. This thing is so loaded with bells and whistles I don't know where to begin. Any help would be appreciated , questions are welcomed ... please !

Tech Wizard

Just figured it out .... this mixer is gonna take some time to get familiar with but it should be worth it . It has a lot of cool features ...

What was the problem?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    What was the problem?
    The problem was me, lol. You basically have to designate what channel and side for to the crossfader. I come from standard mixer so it's automatically left and right and this thing needs to be programmed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast