DVS digital turntables or controller /cdj??
    Tech Wizard

Default DVS digital turntables or controller /cdj??

I recently bought 2 stantons str150s and the Denon ds1 interface with serato dj and too be honest , a ton of problems came with it. I love the old feel of vinyl since I come from vinyl mixing back in the late 80s. The problem is that software is a witch to deal with and its been many many hours of trouble shooting to come to the realization that maybe a nice controller which are mainly plug and play since I had a couple of entry level ones may be the better option. What are you thoughts on this and if you've done both let me know , thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow you think serato is witch? stay away from traktor then lol what issues are you having exactly? Serato has been very much plug n play for me. Controllers are very nice and take absolutely no set up time. but if you like the fell of vinyl platters, you will be strongly dissapointed by every jog wheel on the controller market...

Tech Wizard

Exchanged them for audio technicas today. These are new though, I'm done with refurbished

Quote Originally Posted by mrpep View Post
    Exchanged them for audio technicas today.
    1240?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    1240?
    Yes sir

If you have a genuine liking, or preference for vinyl, you will really be glad if you persevere through the initial frustration of getting a working DVS set-up.

Seriously - imagine all of the tactile interaction of vinyl, but without all the actual buying and carrying of heavy ass records. Add to that the added functionality of a DVS/Midi hybrid set-up (such as button controlled cue points on a record!) and you've got yourself a set-up that is gonna be a lot of fun...

Persevere. You'll be glad that you did.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you have a genuine liking, or preference for vinyl, you will really be glad if you persevere through the initial frustration of getting a working DVS set-up.

Seriously - imagine all of the tactile interaction of vinyl, but without all the actual buying and carrying of heavy ass records. Add to that the added functionality of a DVS/Midi hybrid set-up (such as button controlled cue points on a record!) and you've got yourself a set-up that is gonna be a lot of fun...

I had a DVS set up for a few days but had to send back cause of defects and yes I had a lot of fun while it lasted. After I shipped the items back I connected my controller so I could have something and I was blown away by how easy it is to mix with a controller after having TT's. Should be getting my stuff tommorrow

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

I can relate to this post. But I have to confess that between DVS and controller deejaying (with a Kontrol S2 MKII) I've preferred the controller. (Ease of use + portability.)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mistaRC View Post
    I can relate to this post. But I have to confess that between DVS and controller deejaying (with a Kontrol S2 MKII) I've preferred the controller. (Ease of use + portability.)
    I agree that Controllers are much easier than turntables. The satisfaction of a nice scratch or mix on a TT is not comparable to a controller I'm
    Finding. When I get on the TT 's and mix even if it's for only 30 minutes I feel no pain and it removes all stresses of the day when I'm off, it's therapeutic to me, lol