Doing mi first Twister mapping for Traktor, and have some basic questions

Default Doing mi first Twister mapping for Traktor, and have some basic questions

Ok, I've planned a mapping for my Twister and alrrady bumped into some I guess very basic questions so I'm going to try to go through them on this thread. Here we go:

1. I'm trying to create a knob that controls the 3 fx knobs for a grouped fx set. Now, I want it to set the knobs at 12 o'clock when I press it and be able to manipulate the knob as a potentiometer. For that I enabled detent on the Twister knob. The thing is, when I go into Traktor and set the fx knob parameter to start at 12 o'clock it doesn't work as a potentiometer should, I mean, it never goes "lower" than 12 o'clock. Only goes from 12 to 5.

What am I doing wrong?

2. The Twister Gratification has pulsing leds when the fx are on. How can I get this to work? Is it a tracktor mapping or a MFapp mapping?

3. What exactly is a "super knob"?

Thanks a lot guys! I know I can count on the community.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

1. Can you please provide a mapping with command essentials that showcases this scenario described?

2. Pulsating and flashing LED's are part of animation settings in the Twister's firmware. You can learn more by reading MF Twister's User Guide (page #5 and #6).

3. By clicking on the 'Super Knob' on any encoder in the Utility you will enable secondary CC assignment for that knob. Note that each superknob has it's start value (which is configurable) and the end value (which is fixed to 127) (page #12 of the user guide)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Pretty sure that if you already assigned the commands for the encoder push as DIRECT on 1. and the knobs as regular knobs then all you have pending is set the MIDI output of all 3 knobs back to the encoder so Traktor updates it's position as soon as you engage the 12 o'clock reset you are after.

Alternatively, enable DETENT for that control and set the switch action to encoder reset which will in fact reset the knob to it's centered position.