Kontrol S2 MkII Hot Cue 5-8 mapping

Default Kontrol S2 MkII Hot Cue 5-8 mapping led issues

Hello all, I'm looking for some help with my traktor mapping. I want to map the cue button on my kontrol s2 mkii to act as a toggle so that when it's enabled, hot cue buttons 1-4 become 5-8. I'm very new to mapping with traktor but I managed to get it mostly functioning.

Where I am stuck at is setting the LED states. I would like the cue 5-8 state leds to function just as the regular 1-4 buttons do, meaning if the cue type is a loop then the button color is green, and if the button is held or active then the led is lit brighter in the correct color. I got this partially working by messing with some modifiers, but once I tried to set up a way to delete the cue points 5-8 by holding shift with my cue button toggle on it really started to mess up the led states. Does anyone know a better way of doing this that is more stable? I've attached my mapping tsi in case anyone is interested in looking at it. Any help would be very appreciated, thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by treben; 01-25-2017 at 12:01 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Looks like you are using M7 output command to set up LED for hotcues... You should definitely try out dedicated hotcue commands instead:

Add Out > Track Deck > Cue > Hotcue 1-8 Type

Your modifier format looks good. I'll try to reproduce described state indication for solid LED and dimmed LED later today to see if I can figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Looks like you are using M7 output command to set up LED for hotcues... You should definitely try out dedicated hotcue commands instead:

Add Out > Track Deck > Cue > Hotcue 1-8 Type

Your modifier format looks good. I'll try to reproduce described state indication for solid LED and dimmed LED later today to see if I can figure it out
    Thank you for taking a look. I've updated the template with the changes you recommended, as well as adding the shift + hotcue button to delete function, and shift + cue to jump to the beginning of the track. One small issue I ran into is turning the LED white when the hotcue type is grid. I can't seem to find a way to trigger that specific color.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Unfortunately there is no white color option available in HID mapping (however in MIDI mode it is possible) therefor I'm using Cyan to display grid markers in my S2 mk2 mapping.

Attached is the edit of your mapping where I managed to map dimmed/solid state for your deck B > #2 hotcue - this is only possible with Select/Set+Store Hotcue output command though. So be sure to delete Hotcue X Type suggested earlier and map all your hotcue output commands based on this guy: Add Out > Track Deck > Cue > Select/Set+Store Hotcue

traktor s2 8 cue WIP (stewe edit).zip

Just be sure to replicate exact values provided for each of individual command lines (Controller Range and Midi Range)

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Unfortunately there is no white color option available in HID mapping (however in MIDI mode it is possible) therefor I'm using Cyan to display grid markers in my S2 mk2 mapping.

Attached is the edit of your mapping where I managed to map dimmed/solid state for your deck B > #2 hotcue - this is only possible with Select/Set+Store Hotcue output command though. So be sure to delete Hotcue X Type suggested earlier and map all your hotcue output commands based on this guy: Add Out > Track Deck > Cue > Select/Set+Store Hotcue

traktor s2 8 cue WIP (stewe edit).zip

Just be sure to replicate exact values provided for each of individual command lines (Controller Range and Midi Range)
    Thank you for the information. I have attached an updated mapping with both decks done and the hotcue X type command switched to the select/set+store command. I just have one small issue left: The dimmed/solid state works but when for example the hotcue 1 button is held all four hotcue buttons light up instead of just hotcue 1. How would I go about correcting this? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by treben View Post
    Thank you for the information. I have attached an updated mapping with both decks done and the hotcue X type command switched to the select/set+store command. I just have one small issue left: The dimmed/solid state works but when for example the hotcue 1 button is held all four hotcue buttons light up instead of just hotcue 1. How would I go about correcting this? Thanks again.
    Hey mate!! This is fantastic job! I just changed the modifier 7 & 8 into flux button.
    Please tell me..did you solve the issue that you had? I've tried a little bit but i couldn't do anything.