Resolume Arena 5 Shift encoder - Midi Fighter Twister

Default Resolume Arena 5 Shift encoder - Midi Fighter Twister

Sooooo loving the Midi Fighter Twister.

I like to try out controllers for VJing and playing around with the Twister I for sure know I will be buying one more of these amazing controllers.

Though, I wonder how to use the Shift Encoder in Resolume Arena.

If I Use Hold or Toggle seems to matter none.

It states in the manual that messages are sent on channel 5, but no such luck.

If I use toggle, the switch becomes a toggle and I can toggle between the two different states, but I don't get anything on channel 5. All I get is midi on channel 1 and 2.
    The Shift Toggle only sends midi channel 2 and CC for that encoder, it doesn't actually shift to channel 5.

And to make matters worse, the slider that I assigned the encoder to that I push to shift, it receives midi from both channels, so I can toggle between different midi channels on the same slider. No real world use for that, at least not in my world...
    Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

The Shift Page A and B works as expected, triggering either bank will shift the midi when pressing a rotary.

Phew. So many options. :P

Cheers
    Amrit

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Amrit,
    Is your Midifighter firmware up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey Amrit,
    Is your Midifighter firmware up to date?
    Hi Stewe.

It says Firmware 26 jun 2016 (Up to date).

Quote Originally Posted by Amritus View Post
    Hi Stewe.

It says Firmware 26 jun 2016 (Up to date).
    OK - in order to complete the firmware update you need to perform the "Factory Reset" on your midifighter. Did you already done that?

OK - in order to complete the firmware update you need to perform the "Factory Reset" on your midifighter. Did you already done that?
    Yes, I did that. No change.

I noticed in the Utility program something that might be of use.

If I change the Switch to Toggle and press the corresponding button while in the utility program, I can see that the midi being sent is the same as if simply just pressing the button. Not sure if it I am suppose to be able to see midi on channel 5 being sent in the utility program.

Either way, didn't help to do a factory reset after upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Amritus View Post
    Yes, I did that. No change.

I noticed in the Utility program something that might be of use.

If I change the Switch to Toggle and press the corresponding button while in the utility program, I can see that the midi being sent is the same as if simply just pressing the button. Not sure if it I am suppose to be able to see midi on channel 5 being sent in the utility program.

Either way, didn't help to do a factory reset after upgrading.
    With Shift encoders the firmware will send MIDI signals in Ch.05 only if you press the encoder down and then give it a twist. That is normal behavior of Shift Hold and Shift toggle encoder modes.

If you wish to program Ch.05 to the pushbuttons that could be easily adjusted in the MF Utility software.

Encoder Settings > Encoder Switch MIDI Settings > Switch MIDI Channel

With Shift encoders the firmware will send MIDI signals in Ch.05 only if you press the encoder down and then give it a twist. That is normal behavior of Shift Hold and Shift toggle encoder modes.

If you wish to program Ch.05 to the pushbuttons that could be easily adjusted in the MF Utility software.

Encoder Settings > Encoder Switch MIDI Settings > Switch MIDI Channel
    Sorry for being unclear.

Pressing the encoder and giving it a twist will send midi on channel 2 when I press the encoder, and as soon as I also twist the encoder (while pressing it), midi jumps back to channel 1.
    Channel 5 is never activated no matter if I program it with Shift Hold or Shift Toggle and then press it and twist.