serato audio interface, traktor software
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default serato audio interface, traktor software

hey all,

just wondering whether when mixing in internal mode it would be possible to use serato as the audio interface. i currently have TSP but would like to switch to serato for mixing on vinyl I cant afford to keep my audio8dj as well as buy a serato box too.

cheers

Tech Guru

I could be wrong, but I believe Serato uses a proprietary time code protocol which isn't cross compatible with anything else.

Tech Wizard

so does that mean it cant even be used as the audio interface when mixing internally with a midi controlller? (not trying to use traktor timecode)

Tech Guru

It might work as a sound card interface (all it's doing is routing audio, not really handling time code). It might also largely depend on what version you use, there's I think 3 different versions of the SL scratch box.

I'm actually interested to find out now. Anyone?

Tech Mentor

No.

The SL box is all proprietary and doesn't show up as an audio interface for anything but Serato.

Tech Guru

Short and to the point, I like it. Well, that settles it.

and incorrect. while the serato box uses proprietary drivers when using SSL, the box also has ASIO drivers meaning you can use it (provided your on PC) just like any other soundcard with its number of ins and outs. edit just keep in mind it doesnt have a headphone jack so i don't know how you'd cue and mix completely ITB with it

also to the poster thinking there is a difference to the soundcard if it is routing timecode or audio, there isn't, timecode is audio!
    Last edited by charo; 12-03-2009 at 07:34 PM.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Guru

You learn something new everyday. Thanks for clarifying

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    No.

The SL box is all proprietary and doesn't show up as an audio interface for anything but Serato.

WRONG, One time In a bind I used some dj's SL1 box for dual channel routing out of Ableton (to my external mixer). From my experience Id say It might work, have a friend with a SL box download the Traktor Demo & give it a try.

I dont know about the SL1, but I know I tired to use an SL3 along with Traktor 3 (I havent switched to pro yet) and Traktor saw it as a sound card and then it just crashed and gave me a fatal error and wouldnt see it as a sound card anymore. I figured it might be a problem with my computer seeing the SL3, but when I fired up Serato it saw it right away. I had installed the asio drivers so I have no clue. Didnt work for me, but it could have been something I did.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast