Making your own DVS system, cheap and portable with a raspberry pi 3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Making your own DVS system, cheap and portable with a raspberry pi 3

Now we can make a system DVS much cheaper and portable without a notbook, the video you guys can see more information on the site developers

Developers:
    http://pideck.com/
    https://github.com/pideck/pideck-distro/releases
    http://xwax.org/

Video 1

Video 2

Tech Guru

Yes instead of using one laptop with integrated screen and power with one soundcard, this setup is using two computers, two screens and two soundcards, two power connections and two monitor connections.

Its actually a more complicated setup than just using a soundcard and laptop. More connections, more points of failure.

Its also more expensive, and less portable than a cheap laptop running Mixxx.

Id love integrated DVS into a turntable itself which i see as the way forward using Intel rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Yes instead of using one laptop with integrated screen and power with one soundcard, this setup is using two computers, two screens and two soundcards, two power connections and two monitor connections.

Its actually a more complicated setup than just using a soundcard and laptop. More connections, more points of failure.

Id love integrated DVS into a turntable itself which i see as the way forward using Intel rumble.
    You can use Just a Raspberry Pi to the two turntables, is One audio interface with two inputs and two outputs Esterio and One screen

Here in Brazil, one DVS system another notbook is very expensive, a DVS system in Brazil would to buy 3 in the USA, import is also very expensive, this is a solution for people who do not have much money as me, but it has a lot Love music

I'd just build a micro atx Intel core duo into the mixer itself but that's just me.

Tech Guru

That's awesome man!
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by Alme View Post
    You can use Just a Raspberry Pi to the two turntables, is One audio interface with two inputs and two outputs Esterio and One screen
    Are you sure? Afaik for two turntables you need everything x2.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Are you sure? Afaik for two turntables you need everything x2.
    You do. And forget about any kind of decent pitchlock or keylock, the rPi just doesnt have the power for it.

Its a really neat little concept, but its totally impractical for gigging djs at this early stage.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    What cheap laptop specs would be a decent minimum for running Mixxx?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    What cheap laptop specs would be a decent minimum for running Mixxx?
    No idea, but I run four decks in Traktor on a ten year old Core 2 Duo with no problems.

But I also dont use pitchlock or keylock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast