Specific HDD model that works with CDJ 850
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Specific HDD model that works with CDJ 850

If any of you guys know a specific HDD model that works with 850 please tell me!! i'm really struggling to find one that it works !! Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    Thanks for your answer but those are USB Flash Drives...not HDDs.

Hmmm....I've never tried hooking a HDD drive to a DJM. How does the DJM know the difference between it being a flash drive or HDD? Could it be a formatting issue or possible a size limitation of the drive that a DJM can read? Just brainstorming here, I no longer own a DJM mixer.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Quote Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
    Hmmm....I've never tried hooking a HDD drive to a DJM. How does the DJM know the difference between it being a flash drive or HDD? Could it be a formatting issue or possible a size limitation of the drive that a DJM can read? Just brainstorming here, I no longer own a DJM mixer.
    Hey it's not a DJM it's a CDJ 850 . I have 2x 32GB usb drives and i don't want to use them. I need minimun 500GB of storage for my unit.
    Currently i have a Seagate 1TB expansion Portable 3.0. It's a known problem with the CDJ 850...and it's very simple: some of hard drives work, some don't. expect for that from Pioneer. i'm really disappointed.
    And believe me, I searched for 2 weeks. I even went to a Pioneer Service Club. Together we made all the possible tests to conclude that. (tests with others HDDs and others 850s and other CDJ's models and and and and... ) )

So, I need a SPECIFIC model that works! It's anyone there that can help me with this information ?
    I posted my question everywhere on the internet (youtube videos, pioneer forum) and I can't believe that I can't find anyone who has used an external hard drive with this CDJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tode View Post
    Hey it's not a DJM it's a CDJ 850 . I have 2x 32GB usb drives and i don't want to use them. I need minimun 500GB of storage for my unit.
    Currently i have a Seagate 1TB expansion Portable 3.0. It's a known problem with the CDJ 850...and it's very simple: some of hard drives work, some don't. expect for that from Pioneer. i'm really disappointed.
    And believe me, I searched for 2 weeks. I even went to a Pioneer Service Club. Together we made all the possible tests to conclude that. (tests with others HDDs and others 850s and other CDJ's models and and and and... ) )

So, I need a SPECIFIC model that works! It's anyone there that can help me with this information ?
    I posted my question everywhere on the internet (youtube videos, pioneer forum) and I can't believe that I can't find anyone who has used an external hard drive with this CDJ.
    Ha! My mistake. Had a brain lapse there.

500GB is a lot of music. I hope you find a solution but I do wonder why you need so much music for your gigs.

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but why not get a 1TB or 500gb Flash drive?
    Last edited by Redlight; 01-30-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Quote Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
    Ha! My mistake. Had a brain lapse there.

500GB is a lot of music. I hope you find a solution but I do wonder why you need so much music for your gigs.

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but why not get a 1TB Flash drive?

It's to expensive!
    I need to have all my music on HDD. Maybe i want to play something that is not on my 32GB USB. I don't want to prepare my USB flash drive. What if i want to play a track that i remember and it's not on my flash drive ? Or maybe the party will continue and i'll play with my friends b2b at the after party and i don't have that kind of music on the USB. i hate when this happen.
    Thanks again for help (and sorry for my english, i'm not native )

Quote Originally Posted by Tode View Post
    It's to expensive!
    I need to have all my music on HDD. Maybe i want to play something that is not on my 32GB USB. I don't want to prepare my USB flash drive. What if i want to play a track that i remember and it's not on my flash drive ? Or maybe the party will continue and i'll play with my friends b2b at the after party and i don't have that kind of music on the USB. i hate when this happen.
    Thanks again for help (and sorry for my english, i'm not native )
    Your english is great, no apology necessary. I lived in Korea for about 3 years and I was never able to pick it up. You should see me try any other language. It is embarrassing...

I wish I had the answer for you but good luck in your search. There are a lot of very knowledgable members here. Hopefully one of them knows the answer to your question.
    Last edited by Redlight; 01-31-2017 at 06:23 PM.

500gb of music on a cdj850 is absolutely bonkers

How do you even go through all that on an 850? Honestly bruv, it sounds like a great idea, but youre gonna have read issues constantly. You can use hp formatter to break the fat32 max limit to use a 500gb external drive with your 850. Your best to keep your music organized with rekordbox and use thumb drives, though.

Organize your thumb drives by genre, comments, etcetera.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast