Would you recommend me the S5 to start?

Default Would you recommend me the S5 to start?

Hi!

I'm a beginner with this and I'm doing a course of Initial DJ. And now a looking for my first controller.

Someone recommend the S5 to start, but I have a friend that have the Pionner ddj-RX and he told me that you can't remix with out "SYNC" because you don't have the shockWeels, is this true? I don't want to play with Sync, I like to remix both songs using my ears y controlling the "kicks" my self with out depending of the Sync.
    I can buy the pionner ddj-RX but i Couldn't make it work with the traktor with the mapping of this web.

And it doesn have the tempo fader.. how you control the bpm of the songs?

Thanks! and Sorry for my bad english!

Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriels View Post
    Hi!

I'm a beginner with this and I'm doing a course of Initial DJ. And now a looking for my first controller.

Someone recommend the S5 to start, but I have a friend that have the Pionner ddj-RX and he told me that you can't remix with out "SYNC" because you don't have the shockWeels, is this true? I don't want to play with Sync, I like to remix both songs using my ears y controlling the "kicks" my self with out depending of the Sync.
    I can buy the pionner ddj-RX but i Couldn't make it work with the traktor with the mapping of this web.

Gabriel
    You don't *HAVE* to have jogwheels to beatmatch manually, but if you are learning, its certainly going to make your life much easier. (You could map some endless encoders, faders and buttons to achieve a very similar affect).

If you are just starting out, something like the s4 mk2 might be better as its closer to the cdj/turntable workflow.

Both s4 and RX have tempo/pitch faders, and you should definitely teach yourself more about mapping if you want to get the most out of your controller.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Convert

Hi!

Gabriel
    Why do you want to learn how to mix without Sync? Playing open format, or just want to learn how to beatmatch?

I have turntables and XDJs, and usually play with Sync on these days. Let's you concentrate on doing more with the tracks. I also have an S5, and would not want to do any real beatmatching on it. You can nudge tracks with the strips if your beatgrid is a little off, but that's about it.

Abso flippin lutely yes! Get the S5.

You can use the bpm adjust and touchstrip to beatmatch manually, if that's important to you.

Otherwise, you will have a controller which will last you years.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

...I can buy the pionner ddj-RX but i Couldn't make it work with the traktor with the mapping of this web...
    What mapping were you using and did you make sure you followed the install instructions closely?