New Year, New Setup

Default New Year, New Setup

In the last 3 months I've put together a setup I'm truly happy with. Over the last 15 years I have owned stanton turntables, technics turntables, pioneer cdjs, eq killers and efx controllers, multiple mixers, and played on a couple different controllers. Most recently, prior to this setup, I had a pair of pioneer cdj 400s and a djm 600. 3 months ago I got a really good deal on a set of Technics from a friend and decided to pick up Traktor. After playing with the software and seeing everything you can do, I decided to start adding the kontrol units. I can say this setup has been a lot of fun so far. Its given me the ability to try new techniques and styles, as well as, given me a spark of excitement about djing I thought I had lost.

2x Technics M3D (upgraded RCAs, MK5 pitch faders, and internally grounded)
    Ortofon Pro S cartridges
    Pioneer DJM 600
    Tracktor Scratch Audio 6
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.11
    Traktor Kontrol X1 MKII
    2x Traktor Kontrol F1

setup.jpg

Next I would like to upgrade my PA. I'm currently using a pair of older Sony bookshelf speakers,that have 8in subs, and an old stereo receiver. It does the trick for now, but is definitely lacking.

Right-on. Exciting times. How do you like those F1's (LOVE mine!). What music do you mix?

Just wait until you can get rid of the spaghetti fest that is a standard mixer + an audio interface, and get a Scratch Certified mixer. One USB cable - mixer > Laptop, and you're done.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Right-on. Exciting times. How do you like those F1's (LOVE mine!). What music do you mix?

Just wait until you can get rid of the spaghetti fest that is a standard mixer + an audio interface, and get a Scratch Certified mixer. One USB cable - mixer > Laptop, and you're done.
    Yeah the F1s are great. Been working on some finger drumming and really digging playing some STEMs, and of course quick and easy access to multiple scratch samples. I play all kinds of stuff, really what ever I'm in the mood for. My first loves are Breaks and Drum and Bass though, and lately I have been in a big ghetto funk/glitchhop mood.

Nice setup. What are you using for lighting in your room? Where did you get those pictures.

For speakers, I got the KRK Rokit 8. They are studio monitors, but they sound great.

Default Started with nothing this time last year, first item purchased was the Volca Keys

Not Pictured:
    AKAI APC Mini (bought at Pawn shop for $50)
    Roland TB-3 (Bought at Pawn Shop for $125)

From my Guitarv days:
    2 x Gemini 150 Watt Powered Speakers
    Mackie ProFx12v2
    Keely Compressor
    FullTone Deja Vibe
    TC Electronics Reverb

Items bought from World of Stereo in SF (haggled down to $500 for all four)
    Korg Volca Keys
    Korg Volca Beats
    Korg Volca Sample
    Korg Minilogue

From Guitar Center Used:
    Arturia Beatstep Pro

Bought From a Guy off Craigslist in SF ($450 for all 5 machines)
    Line 6 Delay Stompbox
    1999 Korg Electribe-R mk II
    1999 Yamaha RM1x
    2006 Korg Kaoss Pad 3
    Yamaha SP-404

From a pawn Shop:
    AKAI MK20
    AKAI APC Mini
    Roland TB-3 TouchBass
    PHOTO OF SETUP ON FEBRUARY 3RD, 2017.jpg

You, good sir, have a serious case of RGAS!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Default What does RGAS Mean

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    You, good sir, have a serious case of RGAS!
    I am trying to do this all without a computer making it veeeeery hardware necessary. I know I will need a computer to setup the Beatstep Pro and the Midi routing, but desire to be on stage with just the machines, and so far I am about halfway through figuring out how to run everything into the mixer.
    Last edited by DANNYSEBAHAR; 02-06-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Clarification