Nudging

Thread: Nudging

Tech Mentor

Default Nudging

Finally doing the beatgridding

i was just wondering Guys if many of you ever need to nudge (pitchbend) your track during the mix however tight you may think it was initially beatgridded.

And if so, what type of command do you like to use for this?

Tim
    Last edited by kenty; 12-03-2009 at 08:06 PM.

YMMV but:

When beatgridding, I check the sync with the master clock + tick ; depending on the kickdrum I have to nudge the grid back and forth for it to really snap in the right place.
    With that said it happens that, well... sometimes it's still needed to nudge to get the tracks phasing differently (due to differences in kicks and sometimes just for a good ol' phaser effect ).
    For this, I use "deck pitch bend" set to "fine", mapped to two keys (up and down) for each deck.

Ymmv?
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

you mileage may vary =)

Tech Mentor

The latest scs3d maps have got pitchbending and jumping mapped out quite well.
    Pitchbending via a button is mapped to the buttons on the pitchfaders for the progressive bending. The jog wheels in vinyl mode 2 act as jogwheell pitchbend (altho they're set far too fine by default). And beatjumps can be used at the same time to bump the track back or forwards to get them lined up.
    The button pitchbends give the most movement especialy with progressive pitchbend enabled as it'll keep decreasing the pitch down to zero or keep speeding up 'til the chipmonks start singing and only the dog can hear them lol
    The jogwheel pitchbend is a bit finer, I tend to use this once I've got the beats in my head and the tracks are at the right bpm but not quite lined up yet, to speed up or slow down a touch incase the beatgrid is out by a beat or 2.
    I use fine or xtra fine beatjumps in the same way as the jogwheel pitchbend too, or when the grid isn't quite right again and I need to line up the bars I'll jump a beat back or forwards.