OT: Thinking of visiting the US
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT: Thinking of visiting the US

Evning All,

I've resolved to visit the US in the summer of 2010.

What should I do though, east coast, west coast? I just watched Vertigo and it made me want to go San Francisco. Isn't that where DJTT is based too?

But then New York is New York! I kinda want to go there too.

Maybe I should visit both.....

Tech Mentor

Im hitting up New York in April, first time on a continent other than Europe. Super excited, gutted Im too young to go out though!

just dont come to houston. its pretty boring. go to NYC! or LA!

Default this is easy choice

Go to CA, everyone you meet there will be from someowhere else. Be sure to get one of those white stickes with the letters that rep your hood. And get used to everywhere being referred to by it's 2 letter combo. If ya go to LA, be sure to drive to SD and hit up PB. Plus, in CA, you can walk down tha ST. and smoke a J.
    Th US is kinda wierd, ya know. there's more New York Pizzas in CA than in New York. And if you go to a burger joint in NY, they'll ask if you want a California burger.
    And remember, that line in Swingers where he says,"it's like the top one percent from all over the world come to our gene pool" is really true. No place got better lookin women than CA!

Tech Guru

^^^ nice reply man, the funniest

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drimachus View Post
    Th US is kinda wierd, ya know. there's more New York Pizzas in CA than in New York. And if you go to a burger joint in NY, they'll ask if you want a California burger.
    This made me so sad

There are more places CALLED New York Pizza in CA, but trust me, they don't sell no New York Pizza. You want New York pizza you get your ass to NYC and do a pizza tour with me of all the pizza joints. Trust me, there's nothing like it in CA.

Though they make some damn good burritos in those tacquerias in SF.

I'm an East Coast boy at heart. NYC is heaven. SF was beautiful, but nothing compared to the psychotic nature of NYC. Just be sure to bring your check book no matter what. While you can eat for 15 bucks a day in NYC I wouldn't recommend it
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

If your coming during then summer (ie: when its warm), I would definitely hit up Chicago!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    This made me so sad

There are more places CALLED New York Pizza in CA, but trust me, they don't sell no New York Pizza. You want New York pizza you get your ass to NYC and do a pizza tour with me of all the pizza joints. Trust me, there's nothing like it in CA.

Though they make some damn good burritos in those tacquerias in SF.

I'm an East Coast boy at heart. NYC is heaven. SF was beautiful, but nothing compared to the psychotic nature of NYC. Just be sure to bring your check book no matter what. While you can eat for 15 bucks a day in NYC I wouldn't recommend it
    last year a ate a pizza in italy.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

If you're into comedy, and you're here on the weekend in the summer, you can head to the Jersey Shore(link). It's about an hour out of NYC. Haha. Kidding...don't go.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/jersey-sho...playlist.jhtml

NYC is a credit card buster. There's a ton of different stuff to do on every block and every corner and any time of day or night. Oh, money willing, you can pretty much get anything you want too. Anything. I like both East and West tho....so do both if possible and make sure to pit stop in Chicago on the way.

Tech Mentor

Default LA

I am from the UK and went to LA a year or two ago and man I wished I went to NYC, LA was ok, i stayed with a friend who has made it as an actor etc, and he took us everywhere, and that was the prob, everywhere decent is like 1-2 hours drive, record shops wise is was weak, well thats my spin on LA.

Ah yeah and its just like London, evey fecker is up there own ass
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast