DJM T1 or newer alternative for RekordBox DJ?
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    266

    Default DJM T1 or newer alternative for RekordBox DJ?

    Hi,

    I'm looking to shift my controller and go back to a traditional (battle mixer and turntables/dvs).. I'm hoping to stick with Rekordbox and was shocked to see only the DJM-T1 is supported and it's an an ancient, now rare mixer.

    They can be picked up for a few hundred quid pre owned, I'd preferably like to stick with new though, so is there an alternative that can be used with Rekordbox? or would I be better off getting something like the Z2 for use with Traktor?

  2. #2

    Default

    Djm 450

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Djm 450
    good shout thanks, didn't know it existed and not too expensive either.

  4. #4
    Tech Mentor overcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    327

    Default

    For what it's worth, the Rekordbox website only lists the T1 as the only compatible mixer for Rekordbox DJ in performance mode, but it lists them all out in the DVS mode. Kind of weird, but it's because the T1 has play/pause buttons making it kind akin to a controller, but housed in a mixer's body.

    450 comes with Rekordbox DJ/DVS license though, so I'd go with that (also in unit FX if that's you jam)

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    For what it's worth, the Rekordbox website only lists the T1 as the only compatible mixer for Rekordbox DJ in performance mode, but it lists them all out in the DVS mode. Kind of weird, but it's because the T1 has play/pause buttons making it kind akin to a controller, but housed in a mixer's body.

    450 comes with Rekordbox DJ/DVS license though, so I'd go with that (also in unit FX if that's you jam)
    Ahh that makes sense, reason I made thread was because I was shocked when I seen only T1 listed thinking no others mixers would work.. I'd be using it in DVS mode do the 450 is the way forward.

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Tech Guru SlayForMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    For what it's worth, the Rekordbox website only lists the T1 as the only compatible mixer for Rekordbox DJ in performance mode, but it lists them all out in the DVS mode. Kind of weird, but it's because the T1 has play/pause buttons making it kind akin to a controller, but housed in a mixer's body.
    They are also controllers when used with software because they work in internal mixing mode. Z2, DJM-T1 with Traktor and S9 with SeratoDJ. It's the only way they can have post fader software FX's.

    And then there are two controllers that work in external mixing mode...go figure

    BTW, does RekordboxDJ works in DVS with every interface or only Pioneer mixers?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

  7. #7
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,401

    Default

    If I was in your situation, I'd be only really looking at the DJM-850 and the S9.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If I was in your situation, I'd be only really looking at the DJM-850 and the S9.
    What makes you say that? the DJM-450 looks like it does everything I need... basically the ability to use DVS inside Rekordbox and it's less than half the price.

  9. #9
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,401

    Default

    Because you said:
    battle
    The S9 is pretty much taking over in the battle/scratch/freestyle/open format DJ world.
    Last edited by Patch; 02-07-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    It's the only way they can have post fader software FX's
    Can postfader fx be had with A6 interface on any mixer using dvs?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •