Who midi mapped their mixer and with DVS ? Is it that much better than keyboard?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Who midi mapped their mixer and with DVS ? Is it that much better than keyboard?

So I midi mapped my behringer ddm4000 with serato dj and have currently only set up scrolling thru my library which is not easy to do Due to the inaccuracy caused by a turn knob vs a keyboard which is simple and accurate accurate but what other things have you guys midi mapped? I guess I'm starting to wonder if midi mapping is over rated or am I missing something??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every dedicated library search knob I've ever touched had indents. Meaning the knob isn't smooth to turn. it clicks into position.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    Every dedicated library search knob I've ever touched had indents. Meaning the knob isn't smooth to turn. it clicks into position.
    That's the problem, this one doesn't but I'll see if I can find one and make that my scroll . Good tip !

Tech Wizard

Apparently there is no "indent" type knob available on this mixer so I used the buttons on the mic area. When you hold the button down it scrolls fast, when you do single clicks it moves one at a time. I used two buttons one for up and one for down. I don't know how people can use the turn knobs, there's little control there. Anyhow, I'm really starting to like this , I was starting to believe that midi was overrated on this mixer

Mate - you must have realised by now that most of the issues you're having are down to your own inexperience?

Nothing wrong with that - we all had to start somewhere.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

When MIDI mapping in Serato you can change the MIDI input type by pressing C when assigning functions. This I found is especially helpful when trying to map a library scroll feature.

You could probably map both the scroll wheel for quicker maneuvering but keep the buttons for small adjustments.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Mate - you must have realised by now that most of the issues you're having are down to your own inexperience?

Nothing wrong with that - we all had to start somewhere.
    Well I'm going off of youtube mainly and they use the knobs but I wonder if they set a knob and made a video for YouTube and later changed it cause that's what I did. I set a knob and it drove me crazy so had to change. Yes I'm inexperienced but learning and I'm loving the progress so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpep View Post
    I don't know how people can use the turn knobs, there's little control there.
    this is because 1. your mixer wasnt designed for serato 2. you cannot simply add an indented scroll knob to anything, this is internal hardware. Most serato controllers come with an indented search knob and 3. behringer products are generally very low quality. id reccomend a better mixer as soon as you can afford one. decent to learn on but be aware they do have consistent issues

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

There's nothing wrong with using non-stepped encoders to browse, I even. used jogwheels for fast browsing larger playlists and it works fine if you dial the sensitivity just right.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with using non-stepped encoders to browse, I even. used jogwheels for fast browsing larger playlists and it works fine if you dial the sensitivity just right.
    How do you adjust the sensitivity on a ddm4000?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast