Who midi mapped their mixer and with DVS ? Is it that much better than keyboard? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

So today I turn on my mixer and midi functions aren't even working. This seems unstable and unreliable ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're unstable and unreliable.

I'm only joking - is it possible that you are loading a different User Setting each time you fire up the mixer?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrpep View Post
    How do you adjust the sensitivity on a ddm4000?
    It's done on the software side on most cases.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    It's done on the software side on most cases.
    I admit I have not devoted the time needed to figure this out . It's pretty needy compared to a controller . Hopefully tonight I can drop a couple of hours on it.

There isn't an encoder on the DDM4K that sends midi (only rotary pots with limited throw) - so your button solution may be the only way to browse/navigate using the mixer.

Maybe you could set-up a modifier in your midi mapping to "Browse COARSE" (maybe a page at a time) so that you don't have to click those buttons so many times to navigate up/down in the browser...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    There isn't an encoder on the DDM4K that sends midi (only rotary pots with limited throw) - so your button solution may be the only way to browse/navigate using the mixer.

Maybe you could set-up a modifier in your midi mapping to "Browse COARSE" (maybe a page at a time) so that you don't have to click those buttons so many times to navigate up/down in the browser...
    I can hold it down but it does scroll slowly now if I use the knob it scrolls really fast but I don't think I can have two locations for the same command or can I? Also, any tips on the modifying?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpep View Post
    I can hold it down but it does scroll slowly now if I use the knob it scrolls really fast but I don't think I can have two locations for the same command or can I?
    So you can assign an encoder to the "Library scroll" feature, but also assign buttons to look up and down since they're different commands. See the middle section of the MIDI panel in this picture

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    So you can assign an encoder to the "Library scroll" feature, but also assign buttons to look up and down since they're different commands. See the middle section of the MIDI panel in this picture
    I see what you're saying ... I'll test tonight , thanks for the idea.

Tech Wizard

So I set it up and it's pretty much like stated earlier. Just scrolls really fast or stops, very inconsistent no real pattern developed. I wonder if it's my cable. Although I set my midi i end up using the keyboard, I wonder if I should just stick to keyboard. Where do you see midi being a positive ??

It's a positive when you have endless ENCODERS, where one click = one movement up or down.

You're having problems mapping ROTARY POTS (very different to endless ENCODERS) because the sensitivity/resolution, is far too low to be able to make movements small enough to move one line up or down in Serato's browser.

Keyboard is fine for browsing - use Page Up/Page Down to scroll 1 page at a time, and use the Up/Down arrow keys to move one line at a time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast