Rekordbox DVS

Thread: Rekordbox DVS

Tech Convert

Default Rekordbox DVS

Hi everyone!

Was looking some expertise on an issue I have with my rekordbox control vinyl.
    I have a DDJ-RZ with a reloop RP-7000 TT. Cartridge I'm using is Ortofon Pro S.
    Everything on TT is calibrated correctly. I've calibrated the DVS scope but the circles still look a little distorted. Although playback and audio is fine.

But the issue I'm getting is that the BPM is fluctuating on its own randomly about +1/-1 BPM whenever the vinyl is being played.
    Its impossible to beat match as the song is slightly going slower and faster all the time.

Would anyone know what's causing this?
    Tracking issuse? Or dodgy stylus maybe?
    Or the cartridge im using?

I've raised the issue at pioneer and seems a few people have had this issue, although pioneer don't seem quick with an answer.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Regards

Not sure what the wow and flutter is like on RP7000 but when using a record player the speed is constantly variating, not normally as much as +-1% though.
    Is it actually fluctuating that much or is that what rekordbox is telling you? Don't rely on bpm figures
    When you use real records can you hear the speed fluctuating.
    TSP2, Rane 64, 2x SL1210 (restored and customised), Shure M44-7 Carts, X1 Mk 2, Launchpad.

http://www.sounditoutrecords.co.uk
    https://soundcloud.com/theworkhouse-sessions

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by nobbycossie View Post
    Not sure what the wow and flutter is like on RP7000 but when using a record player the speed is constantly variating, not normally as much as +-1% though.
    Is it actually fluctuating that much or is that what rekordbox is telling you? Don't rely on bpm figures
    When you use real records can you hear the speed fluctuating.
    Im not sure, I can beatmatch far easier on vinyl than I can on timecode. It's is more than 1 BPM on the timecode.

I will upload a video from youtube and give the link below if it may help, thanks

For what it's worth, I use the RP7000s also, and had no problem using timecode vinyl when I had Traktor.
    So the problem is either with the software (I've enver used Rekordbox DVS so can't comment on it), or something to do with your setup somewhere. But the TTs themselves are solid and the pitch should not vary that much if everything is set up and calibrated correctly.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by purpletentacle View Post
    For what it's worth, I use the RP7000s also, and had no problem using timecode vinyl when I had Traktor.
    So the problem is either with the software (I've enver used Rekordbox DVS so can't comment on it), or something to do with your setup somewhere. But the TTs themselves are solid and the pitch should not vary that much if everything is set up and calibrated correctly.
    Yes I completely agree pal. Can't fault the turntables at all! Really good product.

I've since had the latest update off rekordbox since this thread and can happily say the problem has been solved and it works a charm now