What mixer should I get?

Default What mixer should I get?

I want to get into DJing but I'm not sure what to get for my first mixer/controller. I'm thinking about the numark party mix or the numark mixtrack 3, but I'm not sure which one is better. I'm looking to stay around $100-$150 since I'm literally just starting and need to get a feel for everything. Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Tech Mentor

Inform yourself about the basics first and don't buy anything ridiculous. You should look up which kind of software is available and get an overview of that stuff. You pick of hardware depends on your pick of software.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeam View Post
    Inform yourself about the basics first and don't buy anything ridiculous. You should look up which kind of software is available and get an overview of that stuff. You pick of hardware depends on your pick of software.
    maybe true with serato, but with traktor you can use any controller once you work on your mapping skills.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    maybe true with serato, but with traktor you can use any controller once you work on your mapping skills.
    True. I bought a craiglist mixtrack for 70 bucks when i first dipped my toes in. I taught myself basic mapping and let the road take me.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal