Using Midifighter 3D as library search/loading/play etc
    Tech Convert

Default Using Midifighter 3D as library search/loading/play etc

Hi all, so I am going DVS! Just got my technics back from a service...

I was hoping to use my Midifighter for browsing the library/loading tunes, playing, hot cues, looking etc. The closest map I have found is the amazing All-In-One mapping by Beau Bryte. But there are no library controls in there. Does anyone have a library control map I can try and copy/integrate into the All-In-One mapping?

Thanks in advance,

Tech Convert

Anyone? Or is this an impossible request?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I'm sure it is possible. Probably much easier to add new commands from the Controller Manager instead of implementing tham by using another map. What needs to be done is some work on modifiers so you come up with another layer with Browser controls.
    What do you think would be the best placement for the Browse button?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    What do you think would be the best placement for the Browse button?
    This is where I am coming a bit unstuck. I am not sure if I am trying to force the MF to do something it isn't set up to do. Or if I should give up and buy something else.

Taking it back a step, I currently use a Kontrol Z2 at home and at nearby gigs, and the controls on that are sufficient for my needs. When I play out, there is usually a DJM 900, at which point I need something else.

So, given what I use on the Z2, I guess the MF will need to have something like;

- Button for deck focus
    - One bank for play controls
    - One bank for hot cues
    - One bank for loops
    - One bank for browsing the library etc.

And in the library bank, I guess the browsing will have to be done with an up/down button.

I will have a go at what you suggest - build something from scratch. I have never done this so might not work but worth a try.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonkey View Post
    This is where I am coming a bit unstuck. I am not sure if I am trying to force the MF to do something it isn't set up to do. Or if I should give up and buy something else.

Taking it back a step, I currently use a Kontrol Z2 at home and at nearby gigs, and the controls on that are sufficient for my needs. When I play out, there is usually a DJM 900, at which point I need something else.

So, given what I use on the Z2, I guess the MF will need to have something like;

- Button for deck focus
    - One bank for play controls
    - One bank for hot cues
    - One bank for loops
    - One bank for browsing the library etc.

And in the library bank, I guess the browsing will have to be done with an up/down button.

I will have a go at what you suggest - build something from scratch. I have never done this so might not work but worth a try.

Thanks for your help.
    I'm looking at this mapping right now and think I found a room for browser controls in it. So by holding down the Shift and pressing one of DECK buttons (M1=0,2,3,4 // A-B-C-D) (M3=1,2,3,4 // A-B-C-D) you will be selecting a deck and activating the browser mode in one go. (also changing a modifier value M1=7). You can even open the browser view at this point.

-While Browser Mode On (M1=7):

Hotcue buttons start to flash indicating that the Browser is on. Those are your new browser mappings. So all eight hotcues are disabled and instead we can map the browser layer instead.

Cue 1 = Crates Up | Cue 2 = Tree Up | Cue 3 = List Up | Cue 4 = Browser View On/Off

Cue 5 = Crates Down | Cue 6 = Tree Down | Cue 7 = List Down | Cue 8 = Folder Open/Close

-With track selected in the list:

1. You can press one of top (DECK) buttons to load your selected track to the deck of choice and select that same deck in the focus. (M1=0,2,3,4) (M3=0)
    2. Or you can tap Shift to exit browser if you don't want to make any changes. (M1=0,2,3,4) (M3=0)

-Back in Transport Mode:

The LED's stops to flash at this point and the hotcue layer is active again.

Let me know if any of this sound like something you would like to see in this edit. I can look in the mapping again and make those changes.

Tech Convert

I'm looking at this mapping right now and think I found a room for browser controls in it. So by holding down the Shift and pressing one of DECK buttons (M1=0,2,3,4 // A-B-C-D) (M3=1,2,3,4 // A-B-C-D) you will be selecting a deck and activating the browser mode in one go. (also changing a modifier value M1=7). You can even open the browser view at this point.

-While Browser Mode On (M1=7):

Hotcue buttons start to flash indicating that the Browser is on. Those are your new browser mappings. So all eight hotcues are disabled and instead we can map the browser layer instead.

Cue 1 = Crates Up | Cue 2 = Tree Up | Cue 3 = List Up | Cue 4 = Browser View On/Off

Cue 5 = Crates Down | Cue 6 = Tree Down | Cue 7 = List Down | Cue 8 = Folder Open/Close

-With track selected in the list:

1. You can press one of top (DECK) buttons to load your selected track to the deck of choice and select that same deck in the focus. (M1=0,2,3,4) (M3=0)
    2. Or you can tap Shift to exit browser if you don't want to make any changes. (M1=0,2,3,4) (M3=0)

-Back in Transport Mode:

The LED's stops to flash at this point and the hotcue layer is active again.

Let me know if any of this sound like something you would like to see in this edit. I can look in the mapping again and make those changes.
    It would be amazing if you could add that in. That would turn the MF into the only controller you need to bring to the club if you are a DVS Traktor DJ. Everything you need in one box!

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonkey View Post
    It would be amazing if you could add that in. That would turn the MF into the only controller you need to bring to the club if you are a DVS Traktor DJ. Everything you need in one box!
    Here you go buddy MF3D All-In-1 v0.1.0 (stewe edit).zip

I haven't got time to test too much but it should be fine. Let me know if you hunt any bugs.

Tech Convert

Here you go buddy MF3D All-In-1 v0.1.0 (stewe edit).zip

I haven't got time to test too much but it should be fine. Let me know if you hunt any bugs.
    Amazing work, thank you!!! I am on holiday for the next two weeks but will give it a full test when I return and report back. But thanks again for doing this...