DDJ-SB2 not working with Serato (Hardware not connected)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DDJ-SB2 not working with Serato (Hardware not connected)

Hi guys,

I am really happy with my DDJ-SB2 and it worked well for 6 months or so. Now when I start up Serato it says: Hardware connecting. After a minute it says: Failed to connect hardware. Please try again.

The Device Manager shows up with an error saying: The drivers for this device are not installed. I have 2 DDJ-SB2 shown up in my Device Manager, one is DDJ-SB2 and the other one is DDJ-SB2 MIDI. For both of them it says the same error.

Also the DDJ-SB2 does not show up in the Playback Devices.

I have installed the latest drivers (1.100) and I am running on Windows 10 64 bit. I have also tried using different USB ports but sadly this does not solve the problem. Also a different USB cable does not solve the problem. I even tried the old drivers and tried installing the drivers in compatibility mode but Serato still says the same error.

Please someone help me out because I want to enjoy my DDJ-SB2 as I used to!

Greetings

Advice from this thread: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=89864

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Same thing has happened with every Serato controller I've tried ...

Open Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup
    Click on Window > Show Midi Setup
    In the dropdown menu for configuration click "new" (give it a name)
    Close the menu, and re-open Serato

Give that a shot.

Tech Convert

I think that is for a Mac. I can't find a Audio MIDI Setup thingy.

I tried the controller on a laptop with Windows 7 with the old Pioneer drivers (1.000) and there it works. Not sure if the problem is caused by Windows 10 or my computer.

Ah good point on being a Mac. Still half asleep and I must've missed that.

I had the same thing happen with my controller (Akai AMX) on Windows 10, but I fixed the issue and don't quite remember how but it works fine on Windows 10 now. Try updating drivers and software as much as you can, is really my only advice.

Tech Convert

When I let Windows search for a driver it says it found a driver: USB Audio Device. But then it says that the system can't find the file.

I updated my Realtek drivers to the latest version so that should not be a problem.

This may seem like a dumb question but have you restarted your computer at all recently? I had a similar issue once and I had to restart my computer for it to pickup my hardware.

I would also advise you don't let windows pick drivers for DJ and audio equipment. I would only install those found on your manfacturers website. If worse comes to worse I would unplug the controller, go and remove the drivers for the controller, restart the computer, install the drivers from pioneer, restart, try serato. Now if that doesn't work(I am sorry if it gets to this point) do the same steps but insead of install from pioneer, after the restart start serato and plug in the controller to see if serato will detect it and install the drivers for you.

Tech Convert

Yeah, I already restarted the computer several times but the problem is still there. I found another strange thing when I connect another "audio device" (a usb with mic input en headphones output). The USB audio device does not work (I can't hear anything through my headphones when I plug them into this USB). I think there is a problem with USB Audio devices on my computer. Standard USB devices do work however.

I will try out your method tomorrow and I will let you know!

what about ASIO drivers? thats what my gemini controller uses

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Try to run some register cleaning software and assign it to clear all SBB drivers and all ASIO and/or other audio drivers on your computer. Then start by installing latest drivers again.

Tech Convert

pacific808, I tried your methods but Serato still says the same error.

I am on the latest ASIO drivers and I will try out a register cleaning software! I will let you know if it worked!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast