Arrange Faster - Start Studying Tracks of Your Favorite Producers
    Tech Convert

Default Arrange Faster - Start Studying Tracks of Your Favorite Producers

Big fan of Sam Paganini's work so I did a near bar for bar analysis of his recent tune called "Mercury."

If you know his work, his recent material seems simpler and more raw, but when I listened deeper I released it's more complex than I thought.

Sam breaks away from traditional 8 bar patterns which are so common in dance, and does it so well you'd never know unless you listen super close.

I took a lot of notes and made an Ableton file with dummy/silent clips to give a visual of what all the tracks might look like.

I've found that arrangement is a skill just like mixing and it needs it's own focused attention. Learning from others is a great way to get the basics down so finishing your music isn't a struggle and gets faster and more fun.

Here's the article

https://itsthedj.com/study-the-maste...anini-mercury/

cool article, I learnt a hell of a lot from deconstructing various tracks I like. Its easy enough to make a great 8 or 16 bar loop but a lot of people hit a brick wall after that and end up giving up on a potentially great idea and resiging it to the unfinished graveyard folder

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Chael View Post
    cool article, I learnt a hell of a lot from deconstructing various tracks I like. Its easy enough to make a great 8 or 16 bar loop but a lot of people hit a brick wall after that and end up giving up on a potentially great idea and resiging it to the unfinished graveyard folder
    thanks. I didn't discover doing this until after my first several releases.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ericlouis View Post
    Some very nice tips in there! Thank you for writing!