Debating between DDJ-SR or RR

Default Debating between DDJ-SR or RR

Evening everyone! So I've decided to get back into DJing after 5 years. I'm trying to decide which of the two controllers would be the best option. Currently trying to sell my Traktor S4 and put that money towards either of them. The reason is I really want to get familiar with the rekordbox and pioneer workflow this time around.

From what I understand, the RR is just the rekordbox version of the SR except a few upgrades. I'm wondering though, being that the SR is older, would pioneer stop giving support for the SR anytime soon? Also, anyone personally compare/use the two units? I would hate to spend the money on it and have that happen. Ideally I'd love to get myself an XDJ-RX and not have to use a laptop all the time, but I don't have the funds for that lol.

Thanks for your time. Hope to get some feedback soon.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

If Rekordbox is what you plan on using get the RR which was simply designed for it and includes the RekordboxDJ license too, you'd need to shell out another $129 to use a SR with it.

The main difference between these is Serato compatibility so if that is something you'd like to have get a SR + software, else the DDJ-RR is the way to go.

Ah ok. Didn't realize I'd have to buy the rekordbox software to use it with the SR. I thought it'd be a free download. I guess in my case it would be better to just get the RR. I'm sure I can also map it to use with Traktor also if I decided to go back to it, right? Thanks for that padi_04

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The SR ships with SeratoDJ only. Yes, you can map either device to Traktor. I made a DDJ-RX mapping which most likely works for the most part on the RR too.