EQ's and pedals for a Turntablist
    Tech Convert

Default EQ's and pedals for a Turntablist

wut up fam...

I've finally brought my scratching game to somewhat of a decent level and want to mess around with the sounds i've been creating...

I currently use a rane 57SL and love to scratch records with soulful and jazzy instruments... been messing hard w/ stanley turrentine and freddie hubbard vinyl... even though I use a 57SL i'm still in the analog spectrum and resisting the inevitable move to digital, but for now

I was wondering if someone can recommend an equalizer (that's somewhat easy to bring around for live performances w/ a band) that does a decent job isolating instruments in certain frequencies... I've messed around with my friends BOSS GE-7 Equalizer guitar pedal and did an okay job. Was wondering if anyone can recommend something better?

Also, any one mess with pedals that skew or accentuate sounds? like wahs, reverbs, delays?

I've messed with reverbs since most mixers don't have good reverbs built in, I like the TC Hall Of Fame... for EQ that's a tricky one, I'd for sure look into a Parametric EQ pedal. They also sell Isolator for that but they can get quite pricey