Cdj-900nxs2?

Thread: Cdj-900nxs2?

Tech Mentor

Default Cdj-900nxs2?

Hey gang,

Wanted to ask you guys if you think we will ever see the second generation of Pioneer's Nexus series to add the features and make a new CDJ900nxs2. We have already seen the CDJ2000nxs and XDJ1000 get their hardware/software upgrade, and I'm curious to see if they will continue to expand these feature sets to the rest of the lineup.

Let me know your thoughts!
    -Jyve
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

Quote Originally Posted by JackalJyve View Post
    Hey gang,

Wanted to ask you guys if you think we will ever see the second generation of Pioneer's Nexus series to add the features and make a new CDJ900nxs2. We have already seen the CDJ2000nxs and XDJ1000 get their hardware/software upgrade, and I'm curious to see if they will continue to expand these feature sets to the rest of the lineup.

Let me know your thoughts!
    -Jyve
    Considering whats offered on paper for the cdj 2000 nexus2, i dont think there will be a continuation of the 900 series.
    If they wanted to, they could have had it by now.

Tech Mentor

With the upcoming release of the denon SC5000, pioneer is probably sweating bullets right now. If the sc5000 works as it is advertised currently, (and if there are no downfalls like bad software or hardware bugs), denon will pretty much blow pioneer's cdj2000 out of the water. Pioneer doesn't have the time currently to fuck around releasing a unit that kind of holds back features, so I'm not really hopeful that they'll release something like a cdj900 anytime soon, atleast not until they shell out a competitor product

I don't think it will quite blow the 2ks out of water, because of the missing CD drive. That hurts their potential as a club/installation player.

More of a competition to XDJ1000 nexus/mk2/ whatever it's called from my point of view

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    I don't think it will quite blow the 2ks out of water, because of the missing CD drive. That hurts their potential as a club/installation player.

More of a competition to XDJ1000 nexus/mk2/ whatever it's called from my point of view
    Yes I agree with this thought. They also just released the CDJ-2000nxs2 as of early 2016 and it's only been a year since those units have been out. Pioneer is not very likely to make timely upgrades to their hardware.

They could make some software adjustments to increase some of the feature-value set in the current nxs2 series, such as larger beatjump intervals and more touchscreen functionality.
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com