Laidback Luke talking about the Denon DJ SC5000 Prime Players - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    My only concern with Denon is, while they make solid gear they don't always take it the whole way with the software and mappings. Most Denon users end up relying on each other for tweaks and mappings and figuring out workarounds.
    Funny, that's actually one of the things I like about Denon (community). We know the ins/outs of our gear and software because of that and we are the real pro's of this business. Yes, it takes a little effort in the begining with Denon gear but it pays off in the long run.
    Traktor Pro 1.2.7 - Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2
    Promo mixes available at: Hearthis.at

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Moostapha,

Here's what I'll tell you. I've been a Traktor user for years but was a traditional DJ for years before that and when I bought the Denon SC2900's and could use a thumbdrive, getting rid of the laptop it was absolutely liberating in a way I hadn't felt since my "vinyl years". There's something about just the music and the gear with no laptop or screen that just feels right but you can still use these as midi controllers with Traktor if that's more up your alley. My only concern with Denon is, while they make solid gear they don't always take it the whole way with the software and mappings. Most Denon users end up relying on each other for tweaks and mappings and figuring out workarounds. Great hardware, not great follow through. Just FYI I've owned Denon products off and on since the late 90's.
    I'll agree.

There's a decent chance that I'll get a pair of them at some point if they seem like they're going to stand up.

I can't imagine really wanting anything else for simpler styles of mixing, even venturing into slightly more complex stuff.

And I've always favored simpler mixing. Heck, I use a rotary with no EQs.

Right now, considering all the other stuff on my "to buy" list (biggest things are speakers and a new laptop), I'm perfectly willing to wait and see how they stack up in a year. They don't actually add any capabilities to my existing traktor setup, though they seem to be able to do 90% of what I want to do and all of what I actually do.

If they seem like I'll have them for a decade, I'll buy them. If not, I won't. It's that simple.

sent from a device with a keyboard that hates me, using a system of tubes rather than a highway full of dumptrucks

Tech Mentor

Without having read the discussion, I can tell Denon somehow managed to get something of a movement going. I don't think they will make it, but they sure are putting up a fight!

What's funny as well, and maybe we shouldn't read into this, is that DJ Tiesto lives in this apartment while in New York:
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12...21202449_zpid/

Source for Dutch-readers:
    https://www.bekendeburen.nl/het-milj...to-in-new-york

If you look closely into one of the rooms, you'll see a set of Denon's in front of the window. Can't see the mixer, but it's unmistakably Denon CDJ's.

Maybe he'll be the next ambassador?

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    It was announced a week ago. Laidback Luke, Tiesto, Oliver Heldens. But really, unless you are 16y old and starting to DJ - does anybody gives a shit about it? It's just a matter of how much $$$ Pioneer or Denon are willing to give to them.

It's not a movement, it's called marketing. And I'm telling that as a Denon user/fan "Oh gee, I wonder what will Denon do next....maybe....limited editions?!?"
    http://denondjforum.com/uploads/defa...18c11c6b87.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Moostapha View Post
    I'm perfectly willing to wait and see how they stack up in a year.
    That's what a normal buyer would do, kudos.
    But then again, we live in a consumer world where DJ's act like worst consumers and are willing to sell <1y old gear to pre-order the newest toys. And then bitch on OEM's social media why are they still waiting for it because their dealer promised them delivery one month before OEM even starts shipping and they see DJ superstars getting their sets on instagram.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    It was announced a week ago. Laidback Luke, Tiesto, Oliver Heldens. But really, unless you are 16y old and starting to DJ - does anybody gives a shit about it? It's just a matter of how much $$$ Pioneer or Denon are willing to give to them.

It's not a movement, it's called marketing. And I'm telling that as a Denon user/fan "Oh gee, I wonder what will Denon do next....maybe....limited editions?!?"
    http://denondjforum.com/uploads/defa...18c11c6b87.jpg
    OMG THose are so damned SEXY!
    Food~~~

Guys that screen is a game changer. The CDJ screen drives my nuts. Wheeling around up and down squinting.

You don't even need engine.

Just a USB with tracks and it will analyze quickly. Unlike the CDJs that take 7 minutes to analyze a 7 minute track. Or 5:42 if your track is 5:42. How convenient to force you into Rekordbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    Without having read the discussion, I can tell Denon somehow managed to get something of a movement going. I don't think they will make it, but they sure are putting up a fight!

What's funny as well, and maybe we shouldn't read into this, is that DJ Tiesto lives in this apartment while in New York:
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12...21202449_zpid/

Source for Dutch-readers:
    https://www.bekendeburen.nl/het-milj...to-in-new-york

If you look closely into one of the rooms, you'll see a set of Denon's in front of the window. Can't see the mixer, but it's unmistakably Denon CDJ's.

Yes 2 CD players and a mixer with no wires. Perfect for a big festival gig.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Guys that screen is a game changer. The CDJ screen drives my nuts. Wheeling around up and down squinting.

You don't even need engine.

Just a USB with tracks and it will analyze quickly. Unlike the CDJs that take 7 minutes to analyze a 7 minute track. Or 5:42 if your track is 5:42. How convenient to force you into Rekordbox.
    This will still force you to use Engine. You still cannot organize playlist on the unit itself.

check them out at ultra!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast