Midi Fighter Twister - High Resolutiom mode

Default Midi Fighter Twister - High Resolutiom mode

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here.

I am considering to buy a Midi Fighter Twister but first I would like to be sure it works beyond 7bit. I have been looking for information about the resolution of the encoders in high resolution mode but I didn't find concrete info about this. I want to use it mainly with pitches and filters (in a kind of experimental set) so I would need encoders working at 9 or 10 bit (this would be enough, not necessarily 14bit resolution).

Do you know, please, what is the exact resolution of the encoders in high resolution mode?

can they go beyond the usual 127 values?

Thanks much in advance.
    Last edited by ubezahn; 03-12-2017 at 09:32 AM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Wile in normal CC mode they use 7bit resolution, they can also be set to set relative messages instead and depending on your software of choice you can tweak it's acceleration and sensitivity.

The High Resolution mode changes the turn from 270° turn (like your average knob) to 360° turn for regular CCs, basically spacing out the 128 values.

gracias Padi. ;-)

A pity that this excellent controller can only work at 7 bit. For sensitive parameters, 128 values is not enough, because we know what is the result: jumping filters, grainy envelopes, etc.

I am sure the guys of DJ Techtools have in mind to go further and maybe in a near future we will see a REAL high resolution midi controller from them. I will buy soon a Midi Fighter 3D instead and i will continue researching for a high resolution controller.

Keep up the good work !!!