Using CDJs with USB sticks - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah, it was really weird how the HS5500 supported 4 external drives and you could share tracks between players, and then they completely crippled that with the S3700.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    If you mean on the S3700 - I wouldn't even call it link (tracks are not shared between units). I did a couple of sets on friend's SC2900 (with the latest firmware) and had no issues. Even brought a small netbook with Engine once and connected all three of them via LAN hub - bam! got a awesome browsing screen
    Don't understand why all the hate about SC line of Denon units. Only thing I did notice was the higher rate of RMA's on the forums and such - Denon's quality control really slipped there. Even I had to get my mixer to the service because one microswitch was faulty from the box.
    The 3700 has no link. SC2900 and 3900 has the Link. Did they fix the flash drive switch link so you could choose any of the four units' simultaneously-connected drives, and did you require any reboots if you changed a drive or the link arrangement?

The HS5500 was sort of a limited arrangement. You could only link two players and had to slave one's reading to the other.

It was the sc3900. The loading times were 3-4 seconds for each tune which just did not fit into my mixing style.

Aside from that, they are still my favorite moving platter.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    The loading times were 3-4 seconds for each tune which just did not fit into my mixing style.
    this makes me cringe. i even think cdj2000s load too slow especially when using hot cues

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    this makes me cringe. i even think cdj2000s load too slow especially when using hot cues
    Right! I totally agree. I need that track loaded often within 4 beats at 175bpm. It's my biggest hurdle keeping me from ever leaving DVS completely.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    Hanpins FTW heh heh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123