Using CDJs with USB sticks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Using CDJs with USB sticks

Hi all,

I want to get back in mixing again and dependent on what deals i can find, i'm thinking either a pair pioneer 850s, 850ks or 900s.

My question is this: can i use the USB option without having to use a laptop with it? At some point i may well get in to using rekordbox etc. or any software that requires a laptop, but for the beginning i literally just want to plug the USB in and start mixing.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Yes. Plug an play USBs
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Yes. Plug an play USBs

Ah cheers. one more question. By plugging a USB in and playing, would i be able to "see" the track playing in the screen as i would if i was playing a cd or using rekordbox?

Thanks again.

If you analyze tracks via Rekordbox and load them onto a USB drive, you can see the same data you would see in Rekordbox.

Edit: The 850 and 850k are exactly the same except the color
    Last edited by overcast; 03-17-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    If you analyze tracks via Rekordbox and load them onto a USB drive, you can see the same data you would see in Rekordbox.

Edit: The 850 and 850k are exactly the same except the color

Cheers for the info and the heads up RE the 850 and 850k. The 850s definitely look better in black

ive also seen 850s in white but the white/black models are almost twice as expensive

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    ive also seen 850s in white but the white/black models are almost twice as expensive
    The white ones look cool. I just bought a pair of black 850k decks, a pioneer 700 mixer and a pioneer efx 1000 for £1600. All in mint condition.

Ill most likely sell the efx 1000 as it isn't something I'd use.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bert baxter View Post
    Ah cheers. one more question. By plugging a USB in and playing, would i be able to "see" the track playing in the screen as i would if i was playing a cd or using rekordbox?

Thanks again.
    Remember, the 850s do NOT have a full-resolution waveform so you would not be able to "see" the Waveform as you might think (there is a very low resolution depiction, however I think it's hard to mix with unless you're spinning only house/dance records. Make sure you do enough research so you buy the proper units!
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by JackalJyve View Post
    Remember, the 850s do NOT have a full-resolution waveform so you would not be able to "see" the Waveform as you might think (there is a very low resolution depiction, however I think it's hard to mix with unless you're spinning only house/dance records. Make sure you do enough research so you buy the proper units!
    Yeah I've noticed this. Although I've not found it too bad. If I really get back in to mixing like I'm hoping too, I'll eventually invest in some 900s nxs or 2000s nxs.

you might want to look into the xdj1000s. they are about half the price of 2000s with the same functionality minus the cd player.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast