Traktor Certification - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can get a more official looking diploma by completing one of Dubspot's or similar courses but they don't have all that much weight in my books, particularly for the younger generation. Ableton is the only one doing proper trainer certification.

Make sure you work on a fun and easy to follow program so people with 0 knowledge can get it. You can always have a longer or second advanced program that goes into all the nerdy tricks beyond A-B mixing.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RAMSU View Post
    Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a course that I can take that officially qualifies me for Traktor.

I was thinking about starting up a dj course/school for the younger generation but it would be nice to have a certificate to show that I am qualified to give the course.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
    It doesnt need certification. It takes a day to read the manual and learn Traktor back to front. Im absolutely amazed at the amount of basic questions in forums about functions in Traktor that are specifically described in the manual.

In terms of multimedia software its about 20 times less complicated than Photoshop.

The actual DJing is the bit that takes the time, practice and work, and that is the same regardless of the software used.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    It doesnt need certification. It takes a day to read the manual and learn Traktor back to front. Im absolutely amazed at the amount of basic questions in forums about functions in Traktor that are specifically described in the manual.

In terms of multimedia software its about 20 times less complicated than Photoshop.

The actual DJing is the bit that takes the time, practice and work, and that is the same regardless of the software used.
    I agree with this. The concepts for the software are rudimentary if you have any knowledge of music and DJing. You'd have to go seriously deep into the MIDI mapping, effects, remix deck prep to get any value from a course. Everything else could be covered in a couple of hours.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

I agree with both of you guys. I know the software the point I am trying to make is this. Let's say you are going to take a course for Adobe photoshop, Illustrator, After effects etc. If you had to choose between learning from someone who thought himself off of the manual and youtube videos, OR someone certified by directly from Adobe to teach the software. Who would you choose?

My point is a certification adds value. It's like when applying for a job. You can add a bunch of skills on your resume. But if you don't have the diplomas or certificates included you don't have any proof that you are qualified in those areas.

Honestly I wasn't trying to to get opinions on the topic, I was trying to figure out if Native Instruments certifies people, or if there are courses by native instruments or people certified by them to certify me.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I was trying to figure out if Native Instruments certifies people,
    To the best of my knowledge NI do not certify people. How could they? How would they know if you knew what you were talking about. There's no course or exam to take.

or if there are courses by native instruments or people certified by them to certify me.
    Nope, not that I have ever heard of. NI have always been very careful with who they put their name against or are seen to officially recognise.
    Contrary to popular opinion NI don't even sponsor any DJs. No-one is officially 'sponsored' by NI. They 'support' DJs with products and tech help but that is not the same as sponsorship.

There are various people offering courses on Traktor and obviously there's the worlds best selling digital DJ reference manual - I believe it's called 'TRAKTOR BIBLE'

A friend of mine setup a DJ school in Canada about a decade ago and NI helped with gear (not free) but it wasn't an official NI course.

Tech Guru

My point is a certification adds value.
    Not on its own. Plenty of MBAs out of work.

A traktor certification is meaningless, its a set of basic tools like a hammer and screwdriver. Its not an entire shed of equipment like Ableton Live is, that does have certification.

Thanks for all the replies. The good and the bad. Got the information I needed and started looking into other software thanks to this post!

Thanks for all the replies. The good and the bad. Got the information I needed and started looking into other software thanks to this post!
    It's not the software that's the issue. It's the value in training for specific software. Ableton Live has certified training because it's HUGELY complex, and the training goes beyond just how it works. Most DJ courses would just use the software as a backdrop to teach you the craft itself.

Personally, I don't believe DJ training courses are worth the money. For decades, we managed without and people still learned. It's just about having drive. I actually think there's much more value in some sort of networking events where you get access to the industry in ways you might not be able to normally. Even getting assigned a mentor that can help you would be good.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12