Thoughts on XDJ700s? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    there's a vinyl brake on the touch screen.
    The 1000 has a knob to adjust the brake/start speed, the 700 has a vinyl brake button with a fixed brake speed.

The 700 also doesn't have beat jump and loop move, and the reverse button is on the screen instead of physical.

Does this mean that they each have a power brick?
    Yes, which might not be a big deal if you have a flight case to put the power bricks in, but if you don't, having to deal with them would annoy me.
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 03-22-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    The 700 also doesn't have beat jump and loop move, and the reverse button is on the screen instead of physical.
    And the 1000s have these features? I didn't think that loop move was a feature on any pioneer gear

Yes, if you have a loop activated on the XDJ-1000, the beat jump buttons change to loop move, so you can move the loop 1, 2 or 4 beats forwards or backwards. The move doesn't always sound as clean as it usually does in DJ software, but it's still nice to have.

Apparently the NXS2 received the ability to beat jump/loop move by more than one beat yesterday:
    CDJ-2000NXS2 Gets Expanded Beat Jump Features In 1.7 Firmware Update

Last edited by ErikMinekus; 03-22-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Tech Mentor

I'd recommending to sticking to CDJs with the actual CDJ jog and not worrying about the latest features on the latest units that most venues will never even have. The XDJ700 uses a little capacitive touch jog that feels completely different.

If you haven't already made the move to colored waveforms in Rekordbox, I'd recommending pondering how important they are to you. Rekordbox v3 and above is basically a massive PRO monitoring system waiting to happen. Setting it up or changing the privacy setting in v3 and above uploads your entire library info, account info, and IP address to KUVO. It's not just some flag of "so and so is now not sharing live playlists." Sticking with B&W waveforms and v2.2.4 without a logged account is still an option.

FYI, the Denon DJ stuff is not tied to any account or library upload system.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    Rekordbox v3 and above is basically a massive PRO monitoring system waiting to happen. Setting it up or changing the privacy setting in v3 and above uploads your entire library info, account info, and IP address to KUVO. It's not just some flag of "so and so is now not sharing live playlists." Sticking with B&W waveforms and v2.2.4 without a logged account is still an option.
    This deserves a thread of it's own.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

other than the jog, the xdj700 has almost all of the same features cdj2000s do. which is literally the only thing inside a dj booth right now. while i do absolutely love the denon gear, they realistically will not be in any clubs for a GOOD amount of time. I also don't really like how the cdjs perform but if thats what im being forced to play on, then thats what i want to practice on. jog sensitivity also feels like a non issue to me. its going to be better than my gemini slate 4 controller and can just set the sensativity on 2000s when i perform on them. i also regularly play on the xdj-rx with b&w wav forms

Tech Mentor

The XDJ700 actually has more features than the majority of CDJ2000s installed since it has many of the features of the CDJ2000NXSmk1 and the XDJ1000mk1. Sans physical hot cues, of course, and the different jog. There are still many non-NXS linkable CDJs installed in venues.

I can just set the sensativity on 2000s when i perform on them.
    What do you mean by that? Other than the tension control, I've never seen a rotation sensitivity setting or ability to eliminate the jog bend dead zone on them.

Yeah I guess you're right about that. What would you reccomend for a rekordbox player then?

Tech Mentor

Yeah I guess you're right about that. What would you reccomend for a rekordbox player then?
    How much do you really need moving or colored waveforms?
    Are you mixing with your ears or you needs sync?

You say you need rekordbox, so that means Denons and Hanpins are obviously out.

I want to practice on what I perform on which is almost always cdj2000 nx or nx2. I've performed on cdj850s once and it went much better than I had thought it was going to. I CAN mix decently without full wave forms but my goal as a DJ is to be somewhere between Yamato and DJ Juicy M. Fast 4 deck mixing and live remixing with loops and effects. I figure the xdj700s would be good because I can easily bring 1 or 2 to some of my gigs that only have 2 CDJs. I really want the denons but they aren't going to be in circulation for a while

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast