Thoughts on XDJ700s?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Thoughts on XDJ700s?

I was looking into the xdj700s and am becoming very much interested in them. There are very little reviews of people who own them as opposed to DJ City who, while it was a great review, it's not something he uses regularly. Just wondering why nobody has them. Still interested in hearing what you have to say even if you don't own them.

My pal Nico has them. They are great to use at home or to carry with you to use as 3rd and 4th decks for gigs that dont have 4 decks already.

In the end it its personal preference. IMHO, spend the extra $400 each and get the XDJ1000's, if you are going the pioneer route.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I think the XDJ-1000 is more popular because it has the larger platter, built-in power supply, vinyl speed adjust and some additional features. Plus over here a new XDJ-700 costs 700 euros, but a second-hand XDJ-1000 MK1 is only around 800 euros.

My issue on that is its $400 x2 for 1000s. $1400 sounds a lot better than $2200.

Ive only seen a couple used xdj1000s but none within reasonable pricing. I'll definitely keep my eyes open though.

They claim to have all the pro features of the 1000s. I was sad to see it doesn't have a vinyl brake, but in the demo video, there's a vinyl brake on the touch screen. I didn't know they don't have built in power supplies. Does this mean that they each have a power brick? Vinyl speed also doesn't seem to bug me as I'm use to playing on controllers where this isn't a feature anyways. And I'm almost always wanting a 3rd deck at the gigs I play at. Thanks for your input. Probably going to pull the trigger on these

Tech Mentor

I'm not a fan.. They're very expensive for what you get.. obviously the touch screen is boosting the price plus the little extra because you know... it's Pioneer.. but overall they're so underwhelming, boring, bland, too touch orientated, tiny lifeless jog wheels.

You can get much better controllers for the the price.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    I was looking into the xdj700s and am becoming very much interested in them. There are very little reviews of people who own them as opposed to DJ City who, while it was a great review, it's not something he uses regularly. Just wondering why nobody has them. Still interested in hearing what you have to say even if you don't own them.
    Huh? Theres heaps of youtube reviews.

I don't want a controller. I have one but I almost always perform on CDJs. I feel 100% comfortable playing on a controller but I don't wanna be the guy who sets his cheap controller and laptop on top of CDJs. My controller is starting to go. I'm looking to replace it with standalone gear. I very much want the new denons but those are way out of my current price range. I don't really want cdj2000s but I want to stay rekordbox native

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Huh? Theres heaps of youtube reviews.

This video is a great features review but I want to hear it from a performing pov. What do you like/dislike about it when playing. Not "it has this feature which is cool"

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    This video is a great features review but I want to hear it from a performing pov. What do you like/dislike about it when playing. Not "it has this feature which is cool"
    Alright i guess. Im totally uninterested in peoples random opinion of gear, and just want to know what it can technically do.

Yeah I mean if I would have known that the pitch faders on my controller aren't accurate to .1 of the BPM, I would've re thought it. Or how the cue mix nob is the size of a nail head and not on the face of the controller. Or how bpm works with changing tempos on different layers (it doesn't). I just wanna know what doesn't flow. However I did like in the video that the touch screen seemed pretty fast and responsive even with quantize turned off

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast