Xone: 4D- using the digital channels & routing FX through Traktor for CDJs/Vinyl?

Default Xone: 4D- using the digital channels & routing FX through Traktor for CDJs/Vinyl?

So the 4D soundcard has 4 digital channels, 2 coax/SPDIF, and 2 optical. I am wonder what I could use these for and if there is a simple/inexpensive way (some type of small box?) to convert these to analog signals so I can make use of them.

I love my 4 CDJ setup and have been doing a lot of mixing with it, I was going to sell 2 of them but now I'm thinking about keeping them all, or maybe selling two and getting two CDJ-2000s. I will also get two Technics I am just waiting on a few pending sales so I have some cash .

So, I love Traktor's FX and I have them mapped really well right on the 4D- using the sliders is awesome to control FX amounts and you can control multiple FX one handed by just running your fingers on the slider to create some really cool FX (the gater, mullholand drive and reverb or beatmasher/slicer combos are awesome). Now to do this I would love if there was a way to internally route them though the 4D soundcard so that I don't have to change around my main 4 channel Traktor outputs. This is where I was thinking the digital channels could be put to use so I'm wondering, how?

Now that I think about it I will have to change settings in traktor from send to insert so I guess it wouldn't be a big deal to use some of my normal channels. My only question is there away to do this internally? I know I could do it with some patch cables but I feel like there is a way to do it without, I'm just not sure how, I guess it's time to find the manual.

I'm also looking for any cool oldschool joysticks or game controllers that I could plug into the gameport on the 4D. So if you know of any post some pics and a link. I'm really just trying to get the most out of it and explore what it can do. I think hooking up a device to use as a midi controller straight into the gameport would be sweet. There's also a foot switch jack, I have no idea what I would do with that, any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

No idea if this'll help with the FX or not (it looks like what I'll be trying to do when I get my map setup properly) but it mentions how you can route the channels via the FX1 & FX2 pots, which I'm not sure if it'll help with your above question or not? (if not sorry!)

http://allen-heath.helpserve.com/ind...barticleid=152
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

I'll look into that, thanks. Anyone else?