External Mixing with DJM-750 from Traktor & S8
    Tech Student

Default External Mixing with DJM-750 from Traktor & S8

Hi Guys,

Been Playing with the Traktor s8 for a while now, and recently purchased an DJM-750 external mixer with the hope of mixing the 4 deck traktor outputs through the 4 channels on the external mixer.

I know the DJM-750 has its own internal sound card, so I was hoping to do this without the need of purchasing an Audio 6 or audio 10, but am struggling to get any input into anything other than channel 1 on the mixer.

I changed all the input toggles on the mixer to USB, which shows up on the mixer configuration manager so I know the USB drivers are working. And DJM-750 shows up in the output routing on Traktor settings.

There is no gain lights showing up on anything other than channel 1, and when channel 1 is playing, i can hear both deck A and Deck B playing through the same channel.

I'm assuming this is a traktor configuration problem but I'm racking my brains

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I'm really hoping I don't need to purchase an additional external soundcard.

Windows or mac?
    If you're using windows, do you have under Traktor "Audio" preferences "Pioneer ASIO" driver selected? If you don't have Pioneer ASIO driver on the list, remove un-needed NI drivers you may have installed (for NI Audio line of interfaces). Also, verify you have 64-bit ASIO drivers installed, not the old 32-bit drivers.

PS Why didn't sell the S8 and got 2x D2 if you're going for external mixing?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

The S8 only has a stereo output. It doesnt output 4 x usb stereo channels.

Youre subjecting your tracks to 3 Audio Digital conversions before they hit the speakers. This will only decrease sound quality, even if slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    The S8 only has a stereo output. It doesnt output 4 x usb stereo channels.

Youre subjecting your tracks to 3 Audio Digital conversions before they hit the speakers. This will only decrease sound quality, even if slightly.
    He's not trying to use S8 for audio, only midi. He will connect both DJM-750 and S8 with usb cable to his laptop.

The problem was solved on the NI forum. And yes, he is considering exchanging the S8 for 2 D2s

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    The problem was solved on the NI forum. And yes, he is considering exchanging the S8 for 2 D2s
    Yup, he installed the old 32-bit ASIO driver from the CD that was in the box, got only one output in 64-bit Traktor as a result.