Denon SC5000 Prime vs Pioneer CDJ 2000 NX2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    I doubt Pioneer is worried, they have another product cycle in 18 months, while the SC5000 still has to prove itself.
    18 months is a long time and considering 300$ per unit price difference (Denon vs Pioneer), a lot of users are going to sell NXS2 setups to try the Prime gear in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    Every issue that springs up by users is passed off as user error by the mods over at the Denon Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    Regardless, they NEED to put their Forum moderators in check......that place does not
    promote a healthy environment for discussion of the feature set and/or resolving issues
    had by users/customers. In other words, they need to drop the harsh attitude they direct
    toward the people who are trying to make their product(s) better.
    Oh yeah, that link I provided in the post above....they never did address ToddOddity's issue that
    he raised. They just diverted the conversation and subsequently locked the thread. Poor guy.
    That is also the way I remember the old Denon forum

Hey Dan, have you tried using the X1800's audio interface in traktor? I strongly suspect they designed the X1800 with SeratoDJ in mind only (unlike previous generations) so it won't be possible to use Traktor's bpm midi out to sync the mixers FX's, need somebody to confirm it.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

The NXS2 series has already been out for 18 months, so I don't think it's that long. And as we discussed previously Denon has a bad track record with supporting older models, so I'm curious to see if that will change. And hopefully they have an online support that does actually help people who are having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Hey Dan, have you tried using the X1800's audio interface in traktor? I strongly suspect they designed the X1800 with SeratoDJ in mind only (unlike previous generations) so it won't be possible to use Traktor's bpm midi out to sync the mixers FX's, need somebody to confirm it.
    Do you mean for Pro or Scratch? I haven't, but I'd guess it would work fine with Pro, and need the hack for Scratch. Assuming the preamps work with the interface. I don't see why they wouldn't, though... I'd also guess Deonon would be fairly agnostic regarding software platform.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Do you mean for Pro or Scratch? I haven't, but I'd guess it would work fine with Pro, and need the hack for Scratch. Assuming the preamps work with the interface. I don't see why they wouldn't, though... I'd also guess Deonon would be fairly agnostic regarding software platform.
    I thought the x1800 was TSP compatible?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Not so far...
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3

No, didn't meant regarding timecode use because that requires TSP certification, obviously (or the hack). As I said, X1800 appears to lack the option to recieve midi in via usb and that sort of cripples it's use with Traktor, need somebody to test it.

No, no word regarding TSP certification or HID mode for players. I suspect Denon wants NI to come to them when they make a break in the DJ booths. If they wanted to pay full price, they could have done it a long time ago.
    Last edited by SlayForMoney; 07-21-2017 at 11:26 AM.

No, didn't meant regarding timecode use because that requires TSP certification, obviously (or the hack). As I said, X1800 appears to lack the option to recieve midi in via usb and that sort of cripples it's use with Traktor, need somebody to test it.

No, no word regarding TSP certification or HID mode for players. I suspect Denon wants NI to come to them when they make a break in the DJ booths. If they wanted to pay full price, they could have done it a long time ago.
    Damn. IN a few of the youtube videos, the sales reps from Denon said the mixer would be Traktor Scratch Compatible. I wonder what happened between the announcement and now.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

How does that cripple it? Just use the mixer as outboard + audio interface, with a transport controller.

How does that cripple it?
    No midi in - not possible to sync mixer FX's to Traktor bpm clock.
    Compared to previous Denon mixer of course. I know most of new Denon users won't bat an eye because Pioneer never had that option and that's all they know but still, cannot say it's a good thing to loose some functions that people actually used in the past (unlike the EQ setting for headphones that nobody used).

Damn. IN a few of the youtube videos, the sales reps from Denon said the mixer would be Traktor Scratch Compatible. I wonder what happened between the announcement and now.
    Sales guys always go overboard with statements. Also note the magic words: would be. No timeframe stated.

Considering the whole Prime range got pushed back with release date a month or two and from what I hear STILL lacks certain features from previous Engine 1.5 (no MCX8000 support, no linking Engine on laptop with Prime gear via ethernet possible) - I wouldn't trust them at all.
    Last edited by SlayForMoney; 07-22-2017 at 08:59 AM.

No midi in - not possible to sync mixer FX's to Traktor bpm clock.
    Compared to previous Denon mixer of course. I know most of new Denon users won't bat an eye because Pioneer never had that option and that's all they know but still, cannot say it's a good thing to loose some functions that people actually used in the past (unlike the EQ setting for headphones that nobody used).

Sales guys always go overboard with statements. Also note the magic words: would be. No timeframe stated.

Considering the whole Prime range got pushed back with release date a month or two and from what I hear STILL lacks certain features from previous Engine 1.5 (no MCX8000 support, no linking Engine on laptop with Prime gear via ethernet possible) - I wouldn't trust them at all.
    Yeah it seems like a whole world of fail sauce so far.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast