Is Traktor Pro 2.11.0 still phase drifting? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Okay but that is not my issue. I have a dedicated PhaseSync Button mapped for that. One press, voila.

As far as i know, the master clock doesn't ever stop. When a master deck is stopped, the global clock takes over being master, keeping tempo and phase of the original master. Any synced (remix) deck has to follow the master (unless remix decks are allowed to be master and/or AutoMasterMode=On).

If you consider the above to be true, continually playing remix decks shouldn't phase drift when a master deck is paused. It will drift heavily of course, if you start a deck (out of phase) that suddenly becomes master with AutoMasterMode=On.

I was talking about a phase drift of a deck, any kind of deck, that is in sync with the master deck/clock, without any action on my part. I remember i could just let 2 tracks run, one in TempoSync with the MasterDeck, and at some point the SlaveDeck drifts as if someone was pitchbending backwards slightly. I consciously tested this, with two really long tracks with regular BPM (perfect beatgrid). I am now biting my ass (slightly) 'cause i didn't report it to NI, i was just hoping that they would fix it sooner or later anyway... :/

Nope. I didn't use DVS nor did this happen with the same controller (happened on my s4, on a friends s4mk2 and both versions of s2) in different circumstances, so it can't have been the jogwheels/table vibrations. Also the drift was always back/behind (to the left) a short bit, where it stayed for the rest of the time. The deck was synced to a master deck.

Man, it happened so regularly in the past (to me and a couple of friends) that i really thought a lot of people must have the same troubles. Now i wonder ...

Traktor versions where probably from 2.7.3 to 2.8.1 (which is the version i used for quite a while).

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    Nope. I didn't use DVS nor did this happen with the same controller (happened on my s4, on a friends s4mk2 and both versions of s2) in different circumstances, so it can't have been the jogwheels/table vibrations. Also the drift was always back/behind (to the left) a short bit, where it stayed for the rest of the time. The deck was synced to a master deck.

Man, it happened so regularly in the past (to me and a couple of friends) that i really thought a lot of people must have the same troubles. Now i wonder ...

Traktor versions where probably from 2.7.3 to 2.8.1 (which is the version i used for quite a while).
    This is definitely a configuration issue with your setup. This would be all over the forum if it was an actual Traktor bug.

That's comforting to hear.
    I Did some long-duration testing with traktor 2.11.0, tempo-sync and a couple of 1hour (and looped) fixed-bpm sets as well as a synced remix deck with running samples last night.
    No drift so far. I wonder what the trouble actually was. My system config today is definitely and in so many ways different from what it was two years ago. Only the basics are the same (2.6GHzIntel Proc. beneath windows 7).

I'll test next what's going to happen when i keep it running for hours after switching off tempo sync but making sure all decks have both the same tempo and phase.

Hoping for the best, Sūl.

Tech Guru

Traktor is a weird beast. Glad you got it sorted!

Well, bad news. After 2hours of mixing it happened...

Hardware Setup: 2.6Ghz Intel overclocked to 3.1GHz. + S4Mk1, F1, Xone:K2, D-Link USB-Hub.
    Software Setup: TP 2.11.0, Windows 7 with latest updates. All drivers updated.
    Settings: Tempo Sync On, Deck A Track playing, Deck B Track paused, Deck C Remix playing (Step Sequencer, 4 samples playing), Deck D Remix playing (all slots paused) All Decks are synced to the Master Clock.

... All playing decks get a light tempo bend forward, Deck A and Deck D get pushed about 1/20th from the centre to the next marker line on the right (1/80th of a complete phase), Deck C gets pushed about 1/10th (double the amount as the other two).

:/ Beat Sync it will be tonight...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    Well, bad news. After 2hours of mixing it happened...

Hardware Setup: 2.6Ghz Intel overclocked to 3.1GHz. + S4Mk1, F1, Xone:K2, D-Link USB-Hub.
    Software Setup: TP 2.11.0, Windows 7 with latest updates. All drivers updated.
    Settings: Tempo Sync On, Deck A Track playing, Deck B Track paused, Deck C Remix playing (Step Sequencer, 4 samples playing), Deck D Remix playing (all slots paused) All Decks are synced to the Master Clock.

... All playing decks get a light tempo bend forward, Deck A and Deck D get pushed about 1/20th from the centre to the next marker line on the right (1/80th of a complete phase), Deck C gets pushed about 1/10th (double the amount as the other two).

:/ Beat Sync it will be tonight...
    Id remove the overclock on your CPU for a start. That is literally changing the timing of your system, and this can cause variables for real time audio software.

Hmm i will give it a try although i believe i found the real culprit. And now i feel kind of stupid because in hindsight it seems so obvious that i believe you all won't have any trouble reproducing it.

It happens when i stop the deck that is currently master deck and the system clock becomes the master clock.

The Master Clock attribute jumps from Deck to system clock when

either "AutoMasterMode=Off"

OR

"AutoMasterMode=ON"
    AND
    no remaining deck is capable of being master clock (no track deck playing and/or remix decks playing + "RemixDeckCanBeMaster=Off" and/or track deck is playing but volume/xfader is down/otherside ["OnAir=No"] + "OnlyOnAirDeckCanBeMaster=ON".

Tell me if i am wrong. Don't forget, SyncMode = TempoSync.

Default send a thanks to

thanks you for share

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast